Details: To Be Determined based on experience
4649 Sunnyside Avenue North
Job Title: Farm Program Manager
Status: Full time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Programs
Location: Tilth Alliance Main Office – Wallingford, Seattle, WA
Tilth Alliance Mission:
Tilth Alliance is helping to create an ecologically sound, socially just, and economically vital food system across Washington State. We advocate for agricultural programs and policies that benefit the organic and sustainable farming community. We believe that all people deserve access to healthy, nutritious food. For 40 years we have taught people to grow, prepare, and eat food in ways that sustain the environment, promote health, and support producers’ ability to make a living. Changing the way we grow, cook and eat food has the potential to transform people’s lives as well as the communities in which we live.
Tilth Alliance Farm Programs provide services and education across the state in support of farmers and sustainable and organic farming practices. The Farm Program Manager oversees a diverse array of activities such as farm walks, conferences, training, workshops, as well as programs linking farmers and farmland and direct-to-consumer marketing. S/he will manage a team that works with a diverse group of farmers, staff, partners, and stakeholders to determine needs, and develop programming that is relevant, accessible, and impactful across a diversity of types and scales of production, cultural backgrounds and experience levels.
- Oversee a portfolio of projects and programs focused on farmers across the state
- Supervise program coordinators specific to Farm Programs, and lead program development and delivery
- Help develop and support efforts to advocate for agricultural programs and policies that benefit the organic and sustainable farming community
- Manage approximately 5 – 10 grants and/or contracts including workflow and timeline management, budgeting, and reporting
- Work closely with other staff, stakeholders and partners to carry out existing projects and inform development of new programming
- Contribute to fundraising and the preparation of proposals for grants and other funding sources
- Represent Tilth Alliance at meetings and events with the agricultural community
- Other related duties as assigned
Desired Qualifications and Attributes:
- A passion for organic and sustainable agriculture
- Experience in project, grant, budget, and personnel management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in outreach or education
- Familiarity with agricultural production practices and/or farm business management, with preference for knowledge of Washington organic and sustainable agriculture
- Attentive to detail, while understanding the big picture
- self-directed with ability to complete tasks with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel for meetings and events
To Be Determined based on experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and example of writing skills as one document in PDF or Word format outlining 1) your experience with the requirements listed above and 2) why you are interested in this position. Email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Farm Program Manager Application.” Applications will be reviewed as received and interviews will begin as needed. Position is open until filled.
No phone calls please. We believe that diversity is essential to achieving our mission. Tilth Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.