Details: $12-$16 per hour
205 S. Broadway, Suite 808
Learning Rights Law Center seeks to achieve education equity for low-income and disadvantaged students in the public-education system. We change the lives of at risk students who have disabilities, face discrimination, or are involved in the dependency or juvenile-justice systems by providing free legal services, education advocacy, and community training.
We believe that every child has a right to learn. Since 2005, Learning Rights has been promoting and protecting the individual right to education for children in the Greater Los Angeles area. The focus of our direct legal representation and education advocacy is to get low income and disadvantaged children the education services and support they need to succeed in school. The purpose of our education training and community outreach programs is to empower families and provide a basis for true grassroots education reform. Our vision is a world in which all children may pursue a meaningful and equitable education that provides them with a brighter future and the means to become successful adults.
Learning Rights is seeking a full-time Receptionist and Administrative Support to join Learning Rights’ team. This position will be the “face” of Learning Rights to all clients, volunteers and visitors who arrive. As the first point of contact with our office, the position requires someone who is friendly, customer-service oriented, and takes a proactive approach to their job and responsibilities, anticipating issues and challenges before they occur, and taking measures to mitigate their impact. This person must be self-sufficient, a quick learner, a problem-solver, highly organized, and excellent at managing their time.
Reception and Administrative Support will work either from 9:00 am - 5:30pm or 8:30 am – 5pm Monday through Friday at LRLC’s main office.
- High school diploma or college degree
- Fluent Spanish speaker (many clients are monolingual Spanish speakers)
- Able to multi-task effectively while maintaining a positive attitude
- Works well in team-oriented environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Can be trusted to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong computer skills – proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Comfortable with high volumes of paper
- Experience with the use of a copy/scanning machine
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM a plus
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage front desk – greet clients, maintain the reception area with community resources and program materials, coordinate receipt of packages/mail
- Operate main phone line – answer incoming calls and forward calls to appropriate staff on a multi-line phone system
- Primary daily point of contact for in-office volunteers. Check in/out volunteers to ensure attendance tracking, distribute volunteer keys, and interface with volunteers to direct them to the correct staff person.
- Mail – process daily incoming and outgoing mail, scan/copy, and deliver to staff mailboxes
- Support clients who arrive to reception in filling out forms, exchanging records with the office, and ensuring their questions are answered and/or directed to the appropriate staff
- Assist the Office and Accounts Manager by interfacing with landlord/handymen regarding general office maintenance
- Assist the Office and Accounts Manager by supporting her role in ensuring clean, efficient workspaces
- Provide oral Spanish/English interpretation and translation as needed
- Coordinate in-office volunteers. Provide volunteers an orientation on office functioning and protocols. Ensure work stations and office environment are prepared and organized for all volunteers in a timely fashion. This includes the computers, phones, and office supplies
- Assist the Office and Accounts Manager by helping to set up for staff/Board meetings, including room reservation, copies, food, etc. as necessary
- Assist with faxing out documents as needed
- Provide other administrative and legal support as assigned
Salary Range/Benefits: $12 - $16 per hour depending on qualifications and experience for 40 hours per week. Includes full health and dental benefits, paid federal and state holidays, plus paid vacation and sick leave, and commuter benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Learning Rights Law Center is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, people of color and other minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information on Learning Rights, please visit our website at www.learningrights.org.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put Administrative Support and Receptionist in the subject line.