Based in East Harlem and Washington Heights, OnPoint NYC is seeking a Purchasing Manager. OnPoint NYC is a long-standing, innovative, and well-regarded harm reduction organization in New York City serving Washington Heights, East Harlem, and the South Bronx. The organization serves low-income people who use drugs, engage in sex work, their families, and their communities, as well as other marginalized individuals. The wide range of mobile and center-based services are delivered by upwards of 100 staff and peer workers, and include syringe access, overdose prevention, public health, care coordination, medical care, holistic care, peer education, and advocacy services. The organization has a combined $11 million budget made up of mainly government grants.
The organization’s bookkeeper will be primarily responsible for providing accurate, up-to-date financial information about our organization by documenting financial transactions involving sales, purchases, payroll, and collection of accounts receivable and payment of bills. This position will report to the organization’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
· Process invoices by reviewing prices, coding and approvals
· Scan invoices for e-filing and property manager approval
· Confirm receipt of material and/or services performed by vendor
· Modify invoices approved by managers
· Resolve billing problems or errors with buyers and or vendors by reconciling with the purchase order
· Answer vendor inquiries
· Match checks with invoices for filling
· Data entry
· Analyze account data, as required
· Gather supporting documentation for funders as needed
· Prepare 1099 for CFO review
· 2 years of experience doing bookkeeping and accounting concepts such as accounts payable and receivable, and the creation of journal entries in a general ledger.
· Ability to work independently
· Analytical and detail oriented, with the ability to be creative
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
· Strong organizational and prioritizing skills are essential
· Good verbal and written communication skills required.
· Ability to effectively work under strict deadlines, while organizing multiple projects
· Must be dedicated to advancing an agenda of equal rights and social justice for marginalized individuals such as sex workers and drug users
· Must take a non- judgmental approach and have an aptitude to meet people where they are on the continuum of change regarding drug use, sex work, and/or mental and physical health challenges.
Based in East Harlem and Washington Heights, OnPoint NYC is seeking a Purchasing Manager. OnPoint NYC is a long-standing, innovative, and well-regarded harm reduction organization in New York City serving Washington Heights…
Please submit a cover letter outlining your experience and/or interest in harm reduction as well as interest in the position. Please also submit your resume. Please save your files with your last name and first name followed by document title (e.g. Smith James Resume, Smith James Cover Letter).
Submit Resume and Cover letter to:
Attention: Hiring Manager
OnPoint NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate relative to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical status, or history of incarceration. Individuals who have personal experience with drug use, people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA), women, people of color and BIPOC individuals, members of the LGBTQI community, individuals living with disabilities, and individuals with a history of justice-system involvement are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your experience and/or interest in harm reduction as well as interest in the position. Please also submit your…