· Interview platform users and other stakeholders both internally and externally, to gather information on their needs and preferences, how they use the platform, and what would make it more user-friendly and effective
· Use information gathered in discovery process to make recommendations for the best fit product that will meet the needs of our users while being a practical and stable investment for iMentor
· Identify existing gaps, optimizations, and future opportunities for the product by collaborating with our User Support Manager to have a deep understanding of current user issues and user desires
· In collaboration with the Senior Director of Product and Vice President of Engineering, develop business rules for all assigned products
· Write the functional requirements, wireframes, and user flows for products
· Design the high-fidelity artwork for products, with specifications, for front-end developers to reference during development
· Work with the Product Manager to project manage teams during the 2-week sprint cycle to ensure that product development is on-time and on-budget
· Communicate to key stakeholders during development and adoption process
· Work closely with the QA Tester to ensure features meet all acceptance criteria and are ready for production
· 3+ years of product design experience, with a focus on web products; mobile applications a plus
· 3+ years of experience with requirements elicitation, and business requirement writing
· 3+ years of experience doing user research: conducting focus groups, administering surveys, interviews, writing user stories. Familiar with quantitative research methods, metrics and A/B tests.
· Experience using project management and collaboration tools like JIRA, Asana, MS Project, to manage projects to on-time and in-budget completion
· Hands-on experience doing web-design or user interface design in common tools such as Sketch, Adobe, InVision, or Balsamiq
· Experience supporting product integrations with CMS tools such as Salesforce strongly preferred.
· Ability to distill feedback from disparate sources, make recommendations, and decisions with experience in translating data into action and product improvements.
· Resourceful, results-oriented, relationship builder and team player with a customer service orientation, is deeply committed to inclusion and has a sense of humor
· Good intuition and judgement on how to make software that is easy to use for a diverse user group.
· Experience working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders and communities across diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
· Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of diversity within iMentor and with our stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree required. Academic or continuing professional study in HCI, Social Science Research, UX Design, Project Management, or Product Management preferred.
· Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check, including fingerprinting is conducted by the Division of Human Resources at the NYC Department of Education. Continued employment is contingent on successful completion of an annual rescreening.
· This position is located in commutable distance to our national headquarters in New York City. iMentor has a flexible work from home policy.
· Interview platform users and other stakeholders both internally and externally, to gather information on their needs and preferences, how they use the platform, and what would make it more user-friendly and effective…