About Women LEAD Nepal
Founded in 2011, Women LEAD Nepal is the first leadership and professional development organization for young women in Nepal. The organization’s vision is for a better world where women leaders co-create the future. Since its launch, the nonprofit has empowered over 2,500 young women with the skills, support, and opportunities needed to become leaders in their schools, communities, and nation.
Women LEAD Nepal is seeking a passionate and qualified individual to join the team in the full-time position of Executive Director (ED). The Executive Director is the face of Women LEAD Nepal and is expected to provide leadership and management for the organization to fulfill its mission of empowering adolescent girls to become leaders in Nepal. This is a Kathmandu-based opportunity for a leader who will take the organization’s programming and funding to the next level. The ED will be responsible for overseeing the management of programs and organization administration, strategic planning, stakeholder relationship building, fundraising, and growth of Women LEAD Nepal over the next five years. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the highest degree of integrity, transparency, professionalism, initiative, passion, and commitment to women’s empowerment and building the next generation of women leaders in Nepal. The position will report directly to the Board of Directors, a group of individuals dedicated to providing organizational support and oversight.
Executive Director’s Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide executive leadership and management, set strategic direction and vision in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Build external partnerships with donors, like-minded organizations, and other stakeholders to help fulfill Women LEAD’s mission and strengthen its brand.
- Develop an external communications and marketing approach in partnership with the communication team resulting in public awareness, acceptance, and support of young women’s leadership in Nepal.
- Develop relationships with staff, Board of Directors, Women LEAD program participants and alumni.
- Foster an atmosphere of collaboration and trust among staff and alumni.
- Partner with the Board of Directors to recruit, manage, and empower the team; and promote a culture of personal growth, learning, teamwork, collaboration, and excellence.
- Supervise development and fundraising activities, and mobilize resources for the organization.
- Operate as the outward-facing spokesperson and representative for Women LEAD Nepal.
- Develop annual financial projections, oversee organizational revenue and expenses, and ensure positive organizational financial positioning.
- Mentor staff to help them reach their full professional potential.
- Serve as a business partner to the COO and other members of the senior leadership team on the organization’s financial, programmatic, HR and administrative processes (including systems, tools, and policies), and share in decision-making, troubleshooting, and crisis management.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Commitment to the core values, purpose, and vision of Women LEAD and a demonstrated passion for women’s empowerment.
- Strong track record of success in progressive roles, and three-to-five years’ experience as an ED or a senior leader/manager of a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Masters Degree in a related field (i.e., Business Administration/ Public Administration), or equivalent experience.
- Mature, empathetic, objective, fair-minded, flexible, resourceful, open to new ideas, and feedback.
- A self-starter who can work both collaboratively and independently in a direct and transparent manner.
- Able to lead in a fast-paced work environment.
- Commitment to quality and programmatic outcomes and impacts of Women LEAD.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to lead by example.
- Proficiency in both Nepali and English and excellent communication skills.
The Board of Directors
Women LEAD Nepal offers competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience and skills.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in both Nepali and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, send your resume, salary expectations, cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience/skills, and names and contact details of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Executive Director – First Name” in the email subject line). Only complete packages will be reviewed, and only shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview. No phone calls, please.
The deadline for application is August 6, 2018, but applicants are encouraged to apply early. The first cutoff date for review and referral of applications is July 25, 2018. Applications received by the first cutoff date will be referred first. Applications of qualified applicants received after the first cutoff date will be referred to the selecting official until the closing date or a selection is made. A 3-year renewable contract will be offered to the successful candidate.
We are an equal opportunity organization and Nepalis from all castes, ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.