Details: Salary will commensurate with experience.
45 Horner Street
The Accountant is responsible for serving as a team leader in the finance department and ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records for PEC. The Accountant will analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, or other financial activities as needed for PEC. Additionally, the Accountant will oversee the bi-weekly payroll processing, maintain the integration of financial systems, assist in the preparation for external audits, and maintain documentation financial policies and procedures.
The Accountant will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and be responsible for the duties outlined below for both PEC and The Piedmont Foundation:
Areas of Responsibilities
· Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
· Oversee bi-weekly payroll
· Oversee enrollment in employee benefits via on-line portals
· Conduct month-end and year-end close process
· Audit financial transactions to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department
· Prepare monthly financial statements for two organizations on a timely basis
· Reconcile transactions between financial records and development database
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
· Keep up to date with financial policies, regulations and legislation
· Develop systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies
· Maintain the financial system, utilize report writer capabilities within the system
· Maintain/implement integration between all finance systems: general ledger, payroll, time keeping
· Utilize on-line banking and bill pay systems
· Assist in development and maintenance of accounting policy manual
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
In addition to your salary, you will be eligible to participate in health, disability, term life insurance benefits and a 403 (b) employee pension plan. Upon employment, you will be entitled to paid holidays and will begin accruing personal leave as designated in the PEC Employee Handbook.
Level of Language Proficiency
English as primary or secondary.
Minimum Education Required