14 East 28th Street
JOB LOCATION IS MIDTOWN MANHATTAN
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS), a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives invites applications for a Social Worker located in Midtown Manhattan.
The Career Network, is an innovative program that uses the evidence –based practice of supported employment to help program participants achieve their employment goals. This position is located at our CUCS/Career Network Times Square site. We provide supported employment services to both CUCS’s supported housing programs and to individuals with special needs living in the community at large. We work with individuals with various special needs including a history of severe and persistent mental illness, HIV/AIDS and/or a history of homelessness.
Our services are person-centered, using a strengths-based, harm reduction model. We work collaboratively as a team of social workers to develop clinical and workforce development interventions to help our participants thrive as they try out challenges in the world of work. The program seeks to assist participants in their recovery path with the goal of assisting them toward living a full and satisfying life in the community.
The social worker position provides a full range of employment services to individuals and adjusts interventions as needed based on the social worker’s assessment of participant needs. Direct service experience with population served by the program is preferred as this position is responsible for direct oversight of a caseload
Experience and Education Required:
- MSW or a Masters degree in Mental Health Counseling, LMSW preferred
- CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire.
- Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encourage to apply.
- Relevant experience working with people diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness preferred.
- Must have excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of entitlements a plus.
Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document. Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-Lingual English/Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY PLEASE COPY AND PASTE URL TO YOUR BROWSER: