Director of Financial Empowerment & Benefit Services
- Job posted by Goodwill Industries of Greater NY & Northern NJ, Inc.
4-21 27th Avenue
About Goodwill NYNJ:
Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc. (Goodwill) is a non-sectarian 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the mission to empower individuals with barriers to employment to gain independence through the dignity and power of work. Our diverse programs span New York City, Northern New Jersey, Long Island and upstate New York. We manage a $120 million annual budget, 70 programs at 30 sites and a staff of more than 1,800. In 2016, Goodwill served 60,000 individuals, and placed 6,000 people in competitive employment. Goodwill’s services are designed to help clients prepare for, obtain and retain employment.
About the position:
Our mission programs, such as vocational rehabilitation, job training, placement, coaching, treatment and recovery, are leaders in financial wellness and job retention. However within our retail operations we have not applied the lessons to our own team in a consistent manner. With funding from Citibank and through a partnership with Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners, we have developed a one-year grant-funded position to bring Goodwill’s mission programs to our 1,000 retail employees, leveraging best practices in the financial wellness field to help them keep more of what they earn in their pocket. The Director of Financial Program Benefits will have the opportunity to create and rapid-cycle test scale able behavioral interventions designed to benefit the financial lives of our retail staff. This role requires a passion for improving the lives of low-wage workers, an interest in theory of change and behavioral science, and a real willingness to engage across all levels of our organization; we’re looking for someone who loves to get their hands dirty.
- Using human-centered design to create new ways to connect part-time and-full time retail staff to financial products and the financial empowerment services offered by Neighborhood Trust.
- Mapping and redesigning HR, payroll, and management systems and steps to improve the enrollment of staff into direct deposit, savings vehicles, and other benefits offered by Goodwill. (This is not a traditional benefits HR role! This is beyond benefits- key HR benefits programs will be a partner with you.)
- Building relationships and promote financial empowerment services and benefits, e.g. participation in new hires, store visits, etc.
- Designing and testing new ways to communicate with retail staff without email addresses via SMS, phone calls, and in-person touchpoints to offer advice, connect to tools, and understand financial needs.
Minimum Education Required