The Global Programs Unit of World Learning seeks a Program Officer with demonstrated business development skills to successfully respond to Department of State and USAID funded development and exchange opportunities. This position will be called on to support various aspects of the proposal development cycle across the entire portfolio. Demonstrated experience in proposal management, proposal writing and research, is required. The process is fast-paced and deadline-oriented so flexibility, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks are required. A successful Program Officer must have strong interpersonal skills and can effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of colleagues, partners, and donors.
- Contribute to proposal design and serve as proposal writer.
- Conduct background research for assigned practice areas or geographic focus in support of strategic plans and business positioning.
- Lead coordination of proposal annexes.
- Write capacity statements and past performance reports and maintain internal unit tracking systems of records.
- Coordinate timely submission of high-quality non-competitive renewal proposals for relevant State Department-funded programs.
- Review and update candidate CVs to address qualifications required for roles specified in proposals.
- Support/improve information management and knowledge management practices within the unit.
- Participate in the review and compilation of lessons learned and after-action-reviews of proposal submission processes for World Learning.
- Liaise with internal World Learning stakeholders such as country teams, Marketing and Communications, MERL, and Finance staff, as well as Global Programs staff.
- Other business development tasks, as assigned by supervisor and/or Global Development DVP
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations or a related field. Experience with DOS and USAID procurement policies, procedures, and mechanisms.
- Four years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in proposal management, proposal writing and research, is required
- Excellent communication skills, including outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work with diverse teams.
- Willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative; ability to be a team player.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, especially when facing tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, and Teams.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.