Details: Based on salary scale and experience
International School of Brooklyn (ISB) is an independent, non-profit school that is known for its innovative and robust Nursery–8th Grade French and Spanish language immersion program and International Baccalaureate curriculum. The ISB learning experience is driven by six core values: inquiry-based learning, diversity, global curriculum, language immersion, community, and international mindedness. Dedication to these values enables ISB to develop each student’s creativity, critical thinking, global citizenship, and intercultural understanding.
ISB seeks a Full Time Learning Support Teacher (G4-8) for the 2018-2019 School Year
The Learning Support Teacher works closely with the Coordinator of Support Services, faculty and the administrative team. The MS Learning Support Teacher supports Upper Elementary and Middle school students with learning strategies, organization, and study skills; provides individual instruction as appropriate; and serves as a resource for faculty.
Candidates should enjoy creating learning experiences designed to nurture the development of the whole child, enjoy a strong collaborative work environment, enjoy using a wide array of resources to build rich inquiry and learning experiences, have experience integrating multiple approaches to ensure various learning styles are well supported.
Educational Background and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in special education or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· At least two years of experience as a learning specialist or in a related role.
· Familiarity with legal responsibilities of independent schools related to IEP and 504 plans.
· Ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, admin, and parents.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
Full benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
French or Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applying to this position:
Interested candidates should email Cover letters, CV and a list of 3 references in one PDF document to Miriam Butterman and Delphine Michaud at firstname.lastname@example.org.