Details: Commensurate with experience.
67 High Street
Organization: Dwight Hall at Yale
Job Title: Part-time bookkeeper
Job Address: 67 High Street, New Haven, CT
Organization Background: Dwight Hall at Yale is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization which was founded by undergraduates in 1886 and has operated continuously since then as a student-led entity. As the Center for Public Service and Social Justice, Dwight Hall reflects a diverse Yale student body and a strong history of social justice work in New Haven and beyond.
Dwight Hall features more than 60 student-run member groups that engage approximately 3,500 students each year in service and social justice activities. These student-led programs are supported by four Networks–categorized as Education, Social Justice, International, and Public Health–that promote community-based learning, innovative programming, best practices and collaborative communication.
Job Summary: Dwight Hall seeks a qualified bookkeeper for 8 hours per week to work in conjunction with the Director of Finance to maintain the financial records of the organization and perform general bookkeeping tasks on a part-time basis. This position is responsible for a diverse array of activities including, but not limited to: A/R, A/P, assisting with payroll administration, filing and some assigned project work. Ideal candidate will be able to work 8 hours in one day.
Skills and Responsibilities:
· Process cash receipts and credit card transactions.
· Prepare bank deposits and post receipts to the accounting system.
· Produce invoices from the accounting system.
· Process vendor payables, credit card receipts and employee expense reimbursements. Prepare checks for signature.
· Collect Form W-9 from all necessary vendors during the year and coordinate preparation of year-end filing.
· Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
· Add new employees and update employees in the payroll system upon notification and receipt of authorizing documents from the Finance Director.
· Process bi-weekly payroll. Transmit payroll after approval by Finance Director.
· Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Finance Director.
· Minimum 2 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
· Ability to meet frequent and non-negotiable deadlines.
· QuickBooks Online and Excel experience a must.
· Non-profit accounting experience highly desirable.
· Ability to take direction.
· Ability to work independently and perform several task concurrently with ease and professionalism.
· Must maintain donor confidentiality at all times.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned. This position is not eligible for benefits. This position requires a shared office space and flexibility with office accommodations.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter “Bookkeeper Application” in the subject line of your email.
Dwight Hall at Yale is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to a diverse workforce.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Minimum Education Required