Details: SFUSD offers a competitive salary of $90,141 - $123,130 annually ($95,549 - $124,838 effective January 1, 2019), commensurate with experience in a similar position.
555 Franklin Street
We want talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are committed to and will champion our Core Values, are inspired by our mission steeped in equity, and who are motivated to unleash our children’s potential. We want people who are strong collaborators, skilled communicators, problem solvers and who are comfortable in a community of continuous learning.
As the 1809 iLab Program Manager, you will work under the general direction of the Director of the SFUSD iLab and be responsible for the development and management of key strategies of the iLab in partnership with SFUSD departments and community partners in order to solve critical challenges and bring Vision 2025 to life. Specifically, you will manage the design and implementation of the SFUSD Superintendent’s Innovation Awards for a minimum of three schools annually that will go through a student-centered design process to redesign a school space and student experience.
Superintendent’s Innovation Awards
- Design and manage all aspects of the Superintendent’s Innovation Awards annual program
- Develop the curriculum and facilitate a human-centered design process for the Superintendent Innovation Awards schools with students, teachers, and administrators
- Liaison with SFUSD departments to support schools with their designs
- Manage the budget, contracts, and coordination of the program in partnership with the Director and relevant departments, schools, and partners
- Develop and manage partnerships with subject matter experts, vendors, administrators, and teachers to streamline the award implementation process
- Manage, monitor, and document project progress from design through implementation
- Manage research on the implementation and impact of the Superintendent’s Innovation Awards
- Develop design thinking curriculum and supportive tools for SFUSD’s iLab that makes design thinking accessible and promotes innovation (e.g. storytelling)
- Collaborate with the iLab team to design, implement, and lead professional development for SFUSD employees to use design thinking in their context
- Identify and research programs and resources schools can leverage for student learning
- Support the programmatic mission of the iLab as requested by the Director
- Collaborate on promotion of the iLab’s contributions internally and externally through clear and persuasive monthly newsletters, presentations, and annual reports
- Capture and curate stories of innovation to promote in SFUSD
Demonstrated ability to:
- Facilitate student-centered design processes around the built environment and the facilitation of students’ experience of it (e.g. instruction, school culture)
- Utilize human centered design to provoke change in complex systems
- Develop and manage program implementation and evaluation
- Train and facilitate diverse cross sections of employees and students in an education setting
- Develop curriculum to support program implementation
- Establish effective relationships and work collaboratively with others
- Illustrate strong organizational and project management skills
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, and develop online and print communication materials
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S) from an accredited college or university; advanced degree preferred
- Three to five years of professional experience in an urban school district is highly desirable.
- Background in Human-Centered Design
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan including dental and vision plans, a defined benefit pension plan, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options and vacation time. We also offer an inclusive and equity-centered environment where we encourage staff to bring their whole selves to work.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- You will be prompted to electronically attach a letter of interest, resume, list of professional references and any applicable credentials or licenses.
- Our Human Resources team will then review your entire application to determine your eligibility status and contact you directly should you move forward in the process.