Institute for Health & Recovery
349 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
The Institute for Health and Recovery (IHR) is a statewide service, research, policy, program development and capacity building agency. IHR designs its services based on an understanding of the impact of trauma. IHR’s mission is to develop a comprehensive continuum of care for families, individuals, youth and pregnant and parenting women affected by alcohol, tobacco and other drug use, violence/trauma, mental health challenges and other health issues. IHR’s CARF accredited treatment programs provide holistic interventions for hard to reach and high-risk individuals and families.
The Receptionist/ Program Assistant will be the primary person to aid in the communication of information to all staff via phone, email etc. This individual will also provide essential support to the Executive and Assistant Directors of the Agency, while maintaining duties of program support.
NOTE: This is a fulltime 40 hours/week position and is based in IHR’s Cambridge office.
Reports to: Operations Manager
▪ Provide support to programs that offer behavioral health services to families across the state. Examples of duties may include:
o Conduct data entry and quality control for supported programs
o Compile, edit, and/or submit reports for supported programs
▪ Provide cross-agency operational support. Examples of duties may include:
o Provide phone/front desk coverage for the agency’s incoming calls, receiving and directing in-person clients and visitors
o Maintain common areas and troubleshoot fax and photocopy machines
o Logistics coordination for out-of-state staff travel and/or for trainings and other events
o Formatting PowerPoint’s and presentation materials according to established guidelines
o Room set-up for meetings and special events
o Assist with product orders; office supply and ordering
o Coordinate training contracts and logistics; prepare materials for trainings
o Assist with special projects related to funding/licensing/accreditation compliance
▪ Provide administrative support to program and/or admin directors. Examples of duties may include:
o Screen and prioritize phone calls and emails for Directors as needed
o Scheduling meetings, electronic and paper filling, general typing, and CV maintenance
o Organize review or update of informational write-ups for agency programs or other materials for print or web distribution
o Proofreading, formatting, and editing documents; meeting minutes; research and information-gathering
▪ Other support as assigned by Executive and Assistant Directors, and Operations Manager.
▪ Communicate with IHR’s main office in Cambridge through use of shared online calendars, sign in – out board, time sheets, and check in/out with supervisor;
▪ Attend team and agency staff meetings;
▪ Regular attendance and punctuality is required
▪ Other related duties
▪ Flexible work hours
▪ Team Work
▪ Problem Solving
▪ Development and Continual Learning
▪ Adaptability and Flexibility
▪ Valuing Diversity
▪ Customer Focus
▪ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
▪ At least 2 years of professional office experience (non-profit experience preferred)
▪ Thorough knowledge of MS Office, especially in formatting and troubleshooting
▪ Experience working with databases to enter and manipulate data
▪ Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
▪ Strong sense of responsibility and ownership of projects
▪ High-energy; productive, proactive, and reliable; ability to multi-task
▪ Ability to prioritize requests and resolve problems
▪ Must possess polished, mature communication skills (written, verbal, phone manner, etc.)
▪ Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, often under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
Other Requirements: (If Applicable)
▪ Reliable Transportation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit: stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
IHR offers a rewarding work environment with competitive salary, generous benefits and a strong commitment to diversity. IHR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create and welcoming a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required