CHAI: Comprehensive Housing and Assistance, Inc. is seeking a Vice President of Community Programs (“VPCP”) who will have significant leadership responsibility for creating and guiding the agency’s strategy to address community-driven goals in the northwest Baltimore neighborhoods in which CHAI works. Reporting to the CEO, the VPCP will build strong relationships with community leaders and represent CHAI in community development matters.
Among CHAI’s programs and initiatives, the VPCP will have strategic and operational oversight of the agency’s aging in community programs, community organizing and school support, as well as the Edward A. Myerberg Center. The VPCP will guide the implementation of programs using best practices in community development and healthy aging.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Keep abreast of trends and issues important to the northwest Baltimore neighborhoods in which CHAI works and identify and implement new programs and activities that strengthen northwest Baltimore.
- Engage and convene community leaders, residents, elected officials, public employees and relevant committees and board of CHAI to facilitate development of strategy and planning of programs and activities to strengthen the neighborhoods.
- Represent CHAI in the community, including serving on task forces and planning teams and participating in local policy discussions that impact northwest Baltimore City and County.
- Develop and report on key metrics of neighborhood health and positive progress.
- Supervise Senior Director of Community Development and assist in the management and guidance of the Community Development Team.
Aging in Community
- Keep abreast of needs of seniors aging in place in CHAI’s service area and trends in programming to serve seniors aging in place.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain collaborative relationships with local, statewide and/or national partners that can enhance the work of the Division.
- Represent CHAI at community events and on committees, workgroups, taskforces, and boards that aim to support aging in community.
- Supervise Aging in Community professional team, guiding staff to meet the community needs of older adults in northwest Baltimore.
- Oversee the management and operations of the Myerberg Center. Supervise the Center Director and actively participate and support the Myerberg Center board and the CHAI-Myerberg Committee.
- Staff the Aging in Community Committee, meeting regularly with the Committee leadership for planning purposes.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience supervising staff and managing senior-level responsibilities preferred.
- 5+ years’ human services, community development/organizing, aging services; significant. knowledge of community engagement and/or aging a plus.
- Nonprofit, grant writing and outcome measurement experience.
- Experience working collaboratively with funders and community partners a plus.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite and comfortable working with various technologies and software.
Desired Competencies & Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to motivate, inspire and unite colleagues and other stakeholders around a shared goal/plan of action, especially in an uncertain and changing external landscape.
- High degree of personal accountability, responsibility, and ability to use good judgement in a variety of complex, fluid situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse group of people and deal with difficult situations.
- Passion for CHAI’s mission and serving others.
- Strong relationship building; high ethical standards, discretion, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
This position will remain open until filled. To apply, please complete the online application here and submit a cover letter to email@example.com.