Panorama is an action tank dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Based in Seattle, our team is committed to catalytic and collaborative partnerships, and inspired by a lifelong commitment to service, leadership, and impact. We are excited to be hiring for two roles to support our growing teams and networks.
At Panorama, our partners are at the center of our work and we tailor our approach to meet their unique needs. Our team works on strategy development, communications and advocacy, resource mobilization, organizational design, and fiscal sponsorship with topical projects in, but not limited to, outbreak preparedness, vaccines, gender equity, and the climate crisis.
Are you passionate about the role of storytelling in advancing issue advocacy and social impact? Do you live and breathe digital communications and taking an audience and channel-first approach to building and optimizing digital strategy? Do you have a history or tailoring strategies for niche and international audiences? Do you have experience taking a consultative approach to advancing and optimizing thought leadership and strategic communications? If so, this role will enable you to play an influential part of a broad body of work that is proving to move the needle toward a better future.
Our dynamic, growing organization is seeking candidates for two important roles:
- Senior Digital Communications Manager to promote the mission and visibility of Panorama’s digital properties (Panorama, and executive channels) among key audiences across social media channels
- Digital Communications Manager to promote the mission, thought leadership, and visibility of the Pandemic Action Network, including the core team and members
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Senior Digital Communications Manager
This individual will help develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate Panorama’s digital channels, including social media and the website. The position manages efforts to improve Panorama’s web site performance and usability, and coordinate with other staff to maximize outreach and dissemination efforts while maintaining consistency. They will proactively follow Panorama and its projects and identify opportunities for outreach to promote Panorama’s work.
This position is eligible for remote work in the US and across EMEA and is organizationally located within Panorama Global, which is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Social Media Strategy and Content Development (65%)
- Supervise and sustain a multi-pronged social media program to support and enhance Panorama’s digital communications and fundraising strategies.
- Oversee the content strategy for a variety of social media channels, developing content when needed and ensuring brand consistency across multiple platforms.
- Manage project budgets as appropriate and coordinate with project managers to ensure the inclusion of social and digital media outreach into project plans as needed.
- Monitor how Panorama’s and its issues are discussed on social media platforms by key audiences and prominent individuals.
- Identify opportunities to contribute the Panorama’s work to conversations on social networking sites using Panorama or Fund-specific social media channels to increase the visibility of the Institute among new and key audiences and drive traffic back to the Panorama website.
- Monitor the impact of Panorama social media efforts and how they supplement Panorama overall communications strategy.
- Help design graphics for use on social media channels to further Panorama messaging and fundraising goals when appropriate.
Emerging Technologies and Online Marketing (35%)
- Develop a strategy for enhancing Panorama’s digital communications efforts to support Panorama broader mission.
- Identify and support innovative ways to promote the Panorama work using digital technologies and new dissemination channels.
- Identify opportunities for the Institute to expand its use of data visualization.
- Oversee monitoring of the Panorama website performance and support efforts to improve website navigation and content accessibility on a variety of platforms.
- Working with other communications staff, oversee efforts to drive traffic to key content on the Panorama website and/or promote key content via other channels.
- Help identify and support opportunities to incorporate fundraising into Panorama’s digital communications strategy.
- Perform other job-related tasks and projects as assigned.
Digital Communications Manager
This role will drive, steward, and optimize channel strategy in support of the Pandemic Action Network’s strategic goals and objectives. The position is responsible for digital channel community management and management of content strategy. In addition, this role will monitor issues and channel performance to optimize the Network’s proactive and reactive digital communications.
This position is eligible for remote work in the US and across EMEA and is organizationally located within Panorama Strategy, which is a social purpose corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of Washington.
Digital Strategy, Community Management, and Content Development (80%)
- Drive, steward, and optimize channel strategy for Pandemic Action Network social media channels, developing content when needed, and ensuring brand consistency across multiple platforms
- Monitor how the Pandemic Action Network and its issues are discussed on social media platforms by key audiences and prominent individuals to inform and optimize strategy
- Manage and strategically grow the Pandemic Action Network online community across channels
- Manage measurement against key performance indicators (KPIs) and, when needed, adapt and define KPIs
- Monitor the impact of social media efforts and how digital strategies contribute to overall policy, advocacy, and communications objectives
- Identify and support innovative ways to promote Pandemic Action Network messaging and content across channels and via creative platform partnerships
- Identify opportunities to contribute the Network’s thought leadership to conversations on social networking sites using social media properties to increase the visibility among new and key audiences and advance progress on digital engagement goals / KPIs
- Help design graphics and other creative content for use on social media channels to further messaging, engagement, and fundraising goals
- Expand creative content formats including data visualizations, polling, motion graphics, video, etc.
- Manage optimization of Pandemic Action Network’s partner engagement tools, i.e., newsletter and media monitoring, together with the Network’s Senior Project Manager
- Oversee monitoring of the website performance and support efforts to improve website navigation and content accessibility on a variety of platforms
- Working with other staff, oversee efforts to drive traffic to key content on websites and / or promote key content via other channels
Integrated Communications Management (20%)
- Be an active member of the global integrated Pandemic Action Network team working to advance strategic goals and objectives
- Serve as a thought partner on integrated communications, thought leadership, and ad hoc creative campaign strategy
- Manage project budgets as appropriate and coordinate with project managers to ensure the inclusion of social and digital media outreach into project plans as needed
- Collaborate and manage work together with agency partners
- Perform other job-related tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in mission-driven social media campaign design, management, and strategy, online community building and performance tracking
- Understanding of online performance metrics (i.e., Google Analytics and social media channel metrics) and third-party audience and channel insights to guide strategies
- Deep commitment to Panorama’s and Pandemic Action Network’s mission and knowledge/interest in public/global health, philanthropy, policy and issue advocacy
- Experience working with and engaging global audiences
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; outstanding attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills & understanding of applicable tools
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, often with ambiguity, and managing multiple stakeholders while ensuring high quality deliverables and strong relationships
- Proactive with ability to accomplish work efficiently and with initiative
- Experience balancing competing priorities and identifying when to escalate an issue
- Skilled in partnership, transparent communication, cultural awareness, and team oriented
- Interest in continuous learning both in personal and professional growth with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion