Details: Salary based on experience and skills.
13575 Mindanao Way
Marina del Rey
Executive Director, RowLA (Los Angeles, CA)
City: Los Angeles (primarily Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey)
Organization Description: Non-Profit (high school girls college access/rowing program)
Industry: Non-Profit/Sports Management, Youth/Educational Programming, College Prep
Job Function: Executive Director
Type of Job: Full-Time (~40 hours/week)
RowLA is seeking an energetic, talented and spirited Executive Director to effectively guide and lead RowLA into the next phase of its development. Row LA is a non-profit college access program and rowing team for high school girls, which operates out of Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey. The competitive team numbers close to 25 girls with a coaching staff of 2-3 professionals. The RowLA community outreach efforts annually reach over 850 students.
The Executive Director is a key self-starter leader who can manage our day-to-day operations while leveling up the strategic direction of the program. This is a hands-on role and a successful candidate will be excited to work with a diverse group of student athletes, coaching staff, and Board Directors. This position will report directly to the President, who has led RowLA since it’s founding in 2009
He or she will have the ability to teach, lead, motivate and guide young student athletes while maintaining the highest standards of ethics, sportsmanship, and safety principles on and off the water. Further the Executive Director of RowLA will form and maintain community partnerships as well as effectiverelationships with athletes, coaches, parents, and the Board of Directors.
This role is a full-time role requiring 40 hours per week, with some time in the marina, supervising practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise the RowLA coaching staff during the week
· Supervise the college counselor and college admissions visitors
· Create a database of equipment holdings
· Respond to email inquiries from athletes, parents etc. and daily business responsibilities
· Ideate and explore new avenues for fundraising and awareness (e.g. events, community awareness)
· Prepare grant applications
· Monitor grant funding and spending
· Maintain the relationships with funders and grantors
Recruiting and Regattas
· Lead the Erg Edprogram in the local middle schools
· Collaborate with community stakeholders to organize wide-reaching public events, i.e. fundraising, PR events and Learn To Row days.
· Ensure a healthy pipeline of new rowers into our program
· Coordinate regatta entries and requirements, including travel logistics
· Responsibility for the overall budget
· Oversee all equipment and uniform purchase decisions
· Coordinate all Board meetings and Board development activities
· Oversee all tenant relationships and agreements with LA County Beaches and Harbors
· Coordinate all insurance matters
· Coordinate all accounting and tax preparation needs
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
· Passion for the sport of rowing or equivalent athletic affinity
· Demonstrated interest and/or experience in education and athletics
· Desire to remain in the position for at least two years
· Bilingual language skills (English and Spanish)
Application Materials: Resume required and Cover Letter Recommended
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish proficiency desired.
Minimum Education Required