Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: On-Call Meals on Wheels Deliverer
Department: Senior Services
Reports to: Meals on Wheels Coordinator
Hours: Part-Time (20 hours/week)
The Meals on Wheels (MOW) Deliverer will primarily be responsible for delivering meals to homebound clients.
· Deliver meals to homebound clients on a daily basis.
· Use appropriate heating and cooling devices when packing meals.
· Package meals into hot and cold containers each day for delivery.
· Maintain accurate daily route sheet.
· Follow agency protocol and procedure to report any difficulty with meal delivery (i.e. client not home, not answering door) or changes in client status (i.e. slurred speech, deterioration in client appearance, confusion).
· Follow agency protocol and procedure to report any observable issues at the clients’ homes (visible tampering with door or locks).
· Follow agency protocol and procedure to report any information the client provides regarding planned absences (hospital stays, vacations, etc.) that would prevent the client from being home to receive his or her meal.
· Clean and sanitize all delivery bags, boxes, and holding containers daily.
· Assist with kitchen and/or other program duties as assigned by the MOW Coordinator, the Deputy Director of Senior Services, or the Director of Senior Services.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Ability to lift and carry heavy objects (30+ pounds), as well ability to walk to deliver meals daily.
· Good organizational ability, time management, and interpersonal skills (ability to connect with clients and work with a team).
· Knowledge of and desire to work with aging populations.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate On-Call Meals on Wheels Deliverer in the subject of e-mail.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and…