Larkin Street provides youth between the ages of 12 and 24 with the help they need to rebuild their lives. Each year, more than 3,000 youth walk through our doors seeking help. We give them a place where they can feel safe; rebuild their sense of self-respect, trust, and hope; learn school, life and job skills; and find the confidence to build a future.
We raise the bar by redefining success from securing independent housing to achieving a permanent pathway out of poverty. We have established bold goals for the youth in our services:
• Living-wage employment
• Two years of post-secondary education
• Safe and stable housing
• Physical and emotional well-being
POSITION TITLE: Coordinator of Contracts and Compliance
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Contracts and Compliance
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The primary role of the Coordinator of Contracts and Compliance is to provide contract monitoring and compliance support to Larkin Street’s publicly funded programs, as well as to assist with all aspects of contract administration, from renewing contracts to maintaining contract and compliance files.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Larkin Street’s Public Funding team works (1) to secure and maintain public contracts with federal, state, and local government agencies and (2) to support Larkin Street’s programs with all aspects of public contracting, including monitoring, reporting, and performance management. As a key member of the Public Funding team, the Coordinator of Contracts and Compliance is responsible for the following functions:
· Contract Monitoring:
1. Coordinate performance management meetings and monitoring site visits with Larkin Street’s program teams and public funders;
2. Develop written compliance materials, including monitoring response letters, draft agency policies, and short internal memos;
3. Maintain administrative binders and compile documents in response to document requests from public funders; and
4. Help maintain Larkin Street’s calendar of monitoring site visits.
· Contract Administration:
1. Assist with renewing contracts and negotiating scopes of work;
2. Assist with compiling performance data for invoices and reports;
3. Renew and as needed, negotiate Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs); and
4. Help maintain Larkin Street’s filing systems for contract documents.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Represent Larkin Street at contract management and compliance meetings coordinated by our public funders.
· Coordinate administrative support for Larkin Street’s subcontractors and other third-party service partners.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately
· Ability to comprehend complex materials
- Ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk
- Finger manipulation
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience
BACKGROUND, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
· Passion for Larkin Street’s mission, programs, and core operating principals
· Working knowledge or lived experience of issues facing homeless and at-risk youth
- Excellent organizational skills for managing details and deadlines
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with a teamwork mentality
· Good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving
· Willingness to dig into administrative tasks and get things done
· 1-2 years’ experience with nonprofit contracts or grants preferred
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Minimum Education Required