Details: $50,000 - $55,000 annually
1415 North Loop West Freeway
NALEO Educational Fund, a national nonprofit organization serving the Latino community, seeks a Regional Census Campaign Manager who will lead and implement NALEO Educational Fund’s Census initiatives to promote a full count of the Latino population in Texas as needed. This position will implement the Regional Census 2020 Get Out the Count initiatives to support NALEO Educational Fund’s goals are coordinated and met. The Regional Census Campaign Manager will work closely with Senior Management, National Director of Civic Engagement, the Director of Census Program and other departments in the planning and evaluation of the initiative, and will report to the Texas Director of Civic Engagement. This is a full-time/ temporary, non-exempt position ending on June 30, 2020 with a salary range of $50,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Day-to-day planning, coordination, and execution of initiative activities in the region;
- Recruiting, enlisting, and training a diverse set of partners and stakeholders to join our HAGASE CONTAR! Campaign, with a particular emphasis on addressing the undercount of very young children and underserved populations;
- Act as representative for Complete Count Committees at the state and local levels while sharing information and resources internally and externally.
- Organizing and leading meetings with local partner organizations and stakeholders;
- Working with local media partners and serving as a spokesperson for the organization with media and others as instructed (including interviews in Spanish and English);
- Preparing timelines and work-plans for project implementation, and general project management.
- Refine and execute detailed regional Census campaign plan while overseeing and managing the tailoring of public information products that will serve as primary outreach collateral for the ¡HAGASE CONTAR! Campaign in the region.
- Collaborate and coordinate with elected officials, education advocates, and community based networks to disseminate prepared material;
- Provide regular reports on the campaign’s activities to the Civic Engagement department and NEF leadership while preparing regular reports and updates for public distribution and grant reporting as needed;
- Implement and track program metrics and evaluation benchmarks, media interviews;
- Conduct presentations, trainings, workshops and briefings on the ¡HAGASE CONTAR! Campaign;
- Assume other assigned duties in support of the Civic Engagement Department as needed which may include periodic support in Citizenship and Voter Engagement activities;
- Adhere to attendance and punctuality standards of the organization.
- Travel as required.
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 4 years of community outreach or campaign experience in non-profit program or campaign setting.
- Proficiency in Spanish required (written and spoken).
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills, including the experience and ability to interact with staff, media, elected and appointed officials, corporate/business representatives, community members, and especially the general public/community.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, be collegial with colleagues while being self- motivated, execute projects independently, and possess outstanding project management skills that are organized and results-oriented.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to prepare a wide array of written materials as needed.
- Willing to travel and work flexible/extended hours including weekends, mornings and evenings as required.
- If a driver, must have a valid driver’s license with proof of automobile insurance coverage.
- Must be technology savvy in Webinars and Video Conferencing. Also proficient in using Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and other office software.
- Ability to work respectfully with people from all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Supportive of the mission and the philosophy of the NALEO Educational Fund.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ASPECTS OF THE POSITION
Certain physical and mental aspects of performing the essential functions of the position include the following:
- Ability to detect, discern, recognize, and perceive auditory and visual information within normal ranges;
- Dexterity to read, write, type, operate office equipment such as a computer, printer, telephone, calculator, copier, fax machine, pencils, pens, and stapler;
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Once hired, employees requiring reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of the position should contact Human Resources to engage in the interactive process to determine reasonable accommodations, if any.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Fax/email cover letter and resume to Angela Weimer, National Director of Human Resources and Administration, NALEO Educational Fund (213) 747-7664/ email@example.com. EOE
Generous vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement coverage
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in Spanish required (written and spoken)
Minimum Education Required