The member success assistant at the National Association of Independent Schools primarily answers incoming calls to the main number and takes the lead on responding to emails sent to assigned email inboxes using a customer support ticketing system, as well as assisting with data entry and updates of member records across all membership platforms. The member success assistant must have a thorough knowledge of the organization’s products and services to achieve customer satisfaction. This position helps identify ways to better the member experience through trends in emails or phone calls. This position reports to the Director of Member Support.
At NAIS, we are passionate about education and the work that we do to advance it. We are customer-focused and always strive for excellence. We work collaboratively and value creativity and initiative. We foster empathy, flexibility, and cultural competence. As an integral part of the NAIS staff, this position is expected to serve as an engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of internal and external colleagues; to support and actively build an office culture dedicated to superior customer service that exceeds customer expectations; and to work within the team and among teams to ensure that decisions are made to further the organization’s goals, particularly the goals of modeling multiculturalism and helping to build inclusive school communities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering phone calls to the main NAIS line, including answering inquiries, directing callers to the appropriate resources, and helping to resolve and escalate complaints to ensure caller satisfaction.
- Responding to email in assigned inboxes in a timely manner to enhance the member experience, and serving as a backup to other email inboxes, as needed.
- Maintaining membership related data by adding/updating CRM.
- Assisting members with quantitative analysis reports.
- Making outbound calls for follow-up and to support member success.
- Assuming other responsibilities, as assigned, such as processing mail list requests and sending renewals.
- Provides back-up support for the front desk.
- Maintains strong attendance, punctuality, and dependability record to ensure that the team is fully supported.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong telephone etiquette skills
- Strong customer service orientation, with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs and recommend solutions
- Effective organizational, multitasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Familiarity and comfort with quantitative analysis
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and move projects ahead efficiently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfort working in databases
- 3 + years of customer service working in an office environment.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude about the work to be done, colleagues, customers, management, and employer policies.
- Flexibility to work anytime between the hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., as assigned
- Strong track record of attendance, punctuality, and dependability
- Independent school experience is preferred
Special or Particular Requirements:
- No travel required.
- Washington, DC-Currently teleworking
- The standard work schedule expected is Monday-Friday, 9 AM- 5 PM.
- Provides added value and service excellence to internal and/or external clients by:Looking for ways to add value beyond the member’s immediate requests.
- Addressing the unidentified, underlying, and long-term member needs.
- Enhancing client service delivery systems and processes.
- Anticipates client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability by:Acting in accordance with relevant standards and procedures.
- Checks assumptions about mutual expectations and clarifies standards of overall performance
- Monitors the quality and timeliness of one’s work, appropriately using the resources at one’s disposal.
- Follows through and meets personal commitments to others on time.
- Welcomes and acts upon constructive feedback to improve behavior and results.
- Admits openly when mistakes have been made and take responsibility to deal with them quickly and efficiently.
Attention to Detail
- Working in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner by:Verifying assumptions and information before accepting them.
- Seeks out others to check or review own work.
- Reviews all relevant information or aspects of a situation before taking action or making a decision.
- Meets attendance and punctuality requirements by:Coming to work on time every day and conforms to work hours and schedule.
- Being fully prepared and ready to work at the beginning until the end of the workday.
- Makes appropriate arrangements when adverse weather or other problems might delay on-time arrival.
- Lets supervisor and others know immediately when unexpected problems cause absence, lateness, or the need to leave early.
- Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise by:Acting on issues in own area of responsibility instead of waiting or hoping the problem will solve itself.
- Trying varied approaches and solutions to resolve a problem.
- Persists when significant difficulties arise.