Bay Area Community Services is a $60M, 400 person community-based agency providing mental health, housing and social services to homeless individuals. BACS’ mission is to uplift under-served individuals and their families by doing whatever it takes.
Do you have strong organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills? This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys complex accounting and wants to work for a mission driven organization. The Accountant provides support to the CFO and is responsible for general ledger maintenance, payroll support, bank and account reconciliations, financial report preparations, and monitoring company-wide internal controls. This role requires someone who values accountability, a high degree of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Review daily bank activities and work with bank for positive pay.
- Review and reconcile bank and credit card statements; manage expense reporting.
- Prepare all journal entries for monthly transactions.
- Maintain prepaid expense and fixed asset schedule.
- Consult with managers and supervisors to process electronic timesheets and expense reimbursements, assist with payroll processing, and download payroll data into GL.
- Coordinate A/R and A/P functions as necessary.
- Assist CFO with monthly financial and budget reports and analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Associate's Degree in Accounting plus three (3) years of general accounting experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the General Acceptable Accounting Practices (GAAP).
- Must have knowledge of general ledger entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and computer applications.
- MIP experience is a plus.
- Strong GL skill preferred.
- Highly competitive compensation
- One month PAID sabbatical after 8 Years – not charging PTO
- Annual bonus if agency meets goals
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employees – nothing comes out of your check
- 30 days off (PTO/Holiday), increasing with tenure
- 403b with BACS matching contribution
- Tuition reimbursement for student loans & tuition, CEUs, etc.
- Annual holiday party, summer picnic, staff appreciation events
- Significant internal growth opportunities
- Free access to beautiful facility spaces on weekends for events (family parties, baby showers, receptions, birthdays)
How to apply:
Submit a resume with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
BAY AREA COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER