Details: Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
355 Lexington Avenue
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship to homebound elderly New Yorkers in need, helping them to live with dignity in their own familiar homes and communities.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, this position provides support for the organization’s editorial, digital and branding work.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Support Citymeals social media presence: draft, edit, schedule and post social media content. Monitor and coordinate response to comments on digital marketing channels. Collect analytics for digital marketing channels.
• Assist with a range of editorial projects: including drafting, editing and posting website content and creating digital and print marketing materials.
• Assist with graphic design and branding work: support in-house efforts for print and digital marketing materials; liaise with external vendors and consultants, as needed; ensure materials are consistent with organization brand and messaging.
• Assist in the development and management of editorial assets; interview meal recipients and volunteers, write profiles and take photographs; maintain digital archive of organization graphics and photos.
• Represent the Marketing and Communications team at select special events.
• Administrative support and other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• One year relevant non-profit marketing and/or communications experience preferred.
• Strong time management skills, with focus on setting priorities and multi-tasking; ability to work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Talented writer who can adapt style for various audiences, write on deadline and understands the difference between revising and proofreading.
• Strong editorial sensibilities; outstanding communication skills; and attention to detail.
• Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects.
• Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel); strong knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, experience with Hootsuite a plus. Strong knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred. Photography and graphic design skills a plus.
• Curious about new technologies and digital trends.
Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, with resume and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include Marketing and Communications Assistant in the subject line.
No phone calls please.