105 Allston Street
West End House staff identify as passionate and innovative youth development professionals. They view their work as more than just a job. They are driven by love, equality and commitment to build meaningful relationships with young people.
The West End House seeks an eager, detail-oriented, individual with strong interpersonal and organizational skills to serve as the full-time Welcome Center and Administration Coordinator. As the primary staff for our fast paced front desk area, this individual will provide patient and attentive customer service for our youth and families while executing policy and safety procedures. For the remaining half of their time, they will provide bookkeeping and HR support, complete bi-weekly payroll, and perform various office management tasks.
Welcome Center (50%)
● Safeguard lobby area by cheerfully and politely greeting each person, determining the purpose of their visit and directing them appropriately.
● Greet members by name in a friendly manner.
● Communicate accurate information regarding membership and program offerings by staying abreast of program information, special events and schedules.
● Receive and direct all incoming calls.
● Resolve concerns of youth and parents in a professional and courteous manner
● Ensure integrity of security procedures.
● Work with staff, volunteers, and members to grow our team spirit and family atmosphere
● Support Finance Manager with bookkeeping tasks, including AR/AP, credit card statements, bank deposits, account reconciliation, QuickBooks entry, tax preparation etc.
● Process human resources tasks such as benefit enrollment, reporting, maintaining personnel records, and payroll processing.
● Perform office management tasks such as inventory control, ordering supplies, and organization of common areas.
● File and digitize organizational documents as needed
● Receive and process membership applications
● Strength Based Relationship Building - The WEH uses a strength based approach to build relationships that endure and contribute to positive outcomes for our young people. Staff focus on the assets of our young people, rather than the deficits, to support continuous growth;
● Innovation – WEH prides itself on creating and offering innovative and responsive programs. Staff members are expected to think outside the box, proactively problem solve, and be courageous in their daily work;
● Curiosity –WEH staff are enthusiastic to learn. They participate in personal and professional opportunities designed to challenge and expand to their knowledge base. They are encouraged to seek out learning experiences and actively participate in their own development;
● Data Informed - Assessing our impact is critical to insuring the best outcomes for our program participants. Our staff is expected to use data to inform current program content and future program development, ensuring our offerings meet the needs AND interest of our young people;
● Healthy Environment – Teaching our members the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a priority. As such, our staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our young people;
● Able to relate to culturally diverse group of youth
● Courteous, positive attitude focused on problem solving
● Manage and execute multiple projects at one time.
● attention to detail and a passion for accuracy
● Ability to take directions well
● Witty with a fun sense of humor
● High School Diploma required; college degree preferred
● 2-4 years customer service or administrative experience
● Experience working in multicultural environments, proficiency in another language a strong plus.
● Valid Massachusetts driver’s license preferred.
Salary range is $35,000 - $40,000 depending on experience. Our comprehensive benefits are designed to enhance all aspects of our employees’ lives: physical health, financial security, general well-being and professional development. Our package for full-time staff members that includes competitive salary; paid vacation, holiday, and sick days; health and dental coverage; life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; voluntary 403b participation; and a pension contribution upon eligibility.
The West End House Boys & Girls Club (WEH) is an independent Boys and Girls Club in the City of Boston that has been transforming the lives of immigrant and urban youth since its founding in 1906. Our mission is to inspire and enable young people, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds, to realize their potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. Located in the Allston neighborhood of Boston, the WEH operates six days a week in its 43,000 square foot facility and has a $3.6 M annual budget. Twenty eight full-time staff deliver a broad scope of programming for 1,500 members between the ages of 7 and 20 in four core areas: leadership and life skills; academic support and college preparation; sports, fitness and nutrition; and visual and performing arts.
The West End House Girls & Boys Club is an equal -opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Minimum Education Required