Santa Clara Family Health Plan (SCFHP) is a local, community-based health plan dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the residents of Santa Clara County. SCFHP's mission is to provide high-quality, comprehensive healthcare coverage for those who do not have access to or are not able to purchase, good healthcare at an affordable price.
The Manager, Communications is responsible for development, oversight, and execution of the strategy and planning for websites, social media, and communications across multiple platforms (e.g., email, text, voice, video, and newsletter) to support SCFHP priorities in compliance with SCFHP policies and procedures and applicable regulatory requirements. The Manager, Communications evaluates and implements emerging technologies to effectively communicate with SCFHP’s target audiences.
Day to Day:
- Develop overall communications strategies and goals consistent with SCFHP priorities, legislative/regulatory requirements, and the external customer and competitive environment.
- Develop, implement, analyze and optimize communication channel strategies and plans across multiple platforms (e.g., print, web, social media, text messaging, audio and video materials), creating a consistent SCFHP voice aligned with marketing and communication goals.
- Manage overall content calendar and curate content to support programs, projects, and events.
- Evaluate, develop, launch, and manage new digital communications programs to drive high engagement and traffic to websites, portals, mobile applications, and social media communities.
- Research current trends, best practices, and audience preferences; establish key performance indicators; review analytics and create reports on KPIs.
- Lead and facilitate inter-department communication to identify specific requirements and establish project goals.
- Understand and track applicable regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Develop, implement and manage policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements for communications activities.
- Identify issues, trends, and opportunities to improve efficiency and/or quality, or to better assist departments; develop recommendations and implement same relative to identified issues, trends, and opportunities.
- Providing effective leadership to attract and retain top talent to drive business results, including recruiting, interviewing, and hiring.
- Developing a high-performing department culture and staff. This includes setting the standard for staff/peers and motivating employees to maximize organizational goals and objectives.
- Effectively assimilating, training, and mentoring staff and (when appropriate), cross-training existing staff and initiating retraining. This includes coaching to help increase skills, knowledge and (if applicable) improve performance.
- Setting goals and planning, assigning and directing work consistent with said goals. This includes responding to employees’ needs, ensuring they have the necessary resources to do their work.
- Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving issues. This includes providing regular and effective feedback to employees and completing timely and objective performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field; or equivalent experience, training, or coursework.
- Minimum five years of experience with duties and responsibilities as described above.
- Minimum three years of leadership/supervisory/management experience.
- Strong knowledge of current marketing communication trends, strategies, practices, and tools.
- Strong working knowledge and proficient with Microsoft Office applications and the ability to effectively operate all applicable software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to express oneself clearly and concisely.
- Strong working knowledge of website and social media platforms, including Google Analytics, SEO, and HTML.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, organize and write reports, and organize work efficiently.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply applicable rules, regulations, and establish and evaluate priorities.
- Self-directed with proven ability to assume responsibility, work independently, meet deadlines, prioritize, and move projects to completion with minimum supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise good judgment when making decisions within the scope of the position.
Please review the full job description on our Career's page at https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SANTCLAR2&cws=1&rid=960