510 East 62nd Street
Special Events Manager Job Description
The Special Events Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of all Development Department events as well as other hospital special events. The Special Events Manager will work closely with the Director of Development in carrying out donor cultivation and recognition.
· Oversee and manage all fundraising and donor cultivation events for AMC –including annual Top Dog Gala, Living Legends Luncheon, Legacy Society Luncheon, Golden Paw Reception and President’s Council Dinner.
· Responsibilities will include overseeing all event logistics including design, printing and mailing of invitations; tracking RSVPs; working with outside vendors such as caterers, audio visual specialists, and venue staff; managing the budget and disseminating regular financial updates; executing vendor agreements; and providing on-site supervision at event.
· Responsible for planning and implementation of events while working closely with the Director of Development and event committee members.
· Responsible for maintaining all donor and committee invitation lists for AMC events.
· Responsible for handling other event-related activities including table seating, and creation of place cards, escort cards, event programs, and audio visual materials.
· Responsible for generating all event acknowledgement letters and post-event mailings as required.
· Responsible for scheduling all event committee meetings, taking minutes, and writing post- meeting reports.
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s a plus)
· 3+ years of experience in non-profit event planning including experience with ticketed fundraising events
· Demonstrated leadership and superior organizational skills
· Ability to manage a variety of projects at one time
· Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail are essential
· Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office software
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases a plus
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Love of animals desirable
We offer competitive, comprehensive benefits including medical/dental insurance and more.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required