Summer Academy College Prep ELA Instructor (10th or 11th Grade)
- Job posted by Sponsors for Educational Opportunity
Details: $325 per day ($1,625 per week)
55 Exchange Place
SEO Scholars seeks additional English Language Arts (ELA) educators to implement a rigorous, college prep curriculum for our motivated and driven high school students. We are looking for passionate educators with a student-centered approach to teaching and learning.
- Teach an inspiring curriculum grounded in social justice principles
- All lesson plans and curricular materials are provided
- ELA Instructors teach Critical Reading or Critical Writing / Grammar
- Promote depth of understanding along with skill acquisition
- Instructors are considered thinking coaches and facilitators of learning who support students’ deep engagement with course content.
- High-quality professional development and training
- SEO provides professional development, individual coaching, and opportunities to engage with other instructors in a collegial, inspiring environment that encourages reflection and growth.
Summer Academy begins on Thursday, July 5th and ends on Friday, August 3rd. Classes meet Monday-Friday from 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Instructors lead 4 one-hour classes of approximately 22 students (each instructor teachers about 44 students total, and sees each group for two separate one-hour classes).
Summer Academy is held at two different sites, one in mid-Manhattan and one in Downtown Brooklyn. We do our best to match instructors with the more convenient location for them, but cannot guarantee instructors their site preference.
The ideal candidate:
- NYC-based high school teaching experience and a genuine love for teaching
- Expertise and depth of knowledge in either ELA or social studies
- Passionate about student learning and completely dedicated to students’ success
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, reflective, and conscientious
- Motivated and inspired by SEO Scholars’ mission
- Community of dedicated educators to learn from and network with
- Opportunity to work with students who are eager to learn and grow
- Ability to focus on and develop your teaching practice without the additional workload of having to write curricula.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our website. Please note that we are still accepting applications beyond our initial deadline of May 10th. We look forward to receiving your application!