333 East 100th Street
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI) is an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Program Coordinator for our Legends program. The Legends Program Coordinator will help lead DREAM’s initiative to serve alumni of our award-winning youth development program. The Program Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to transition high school seniors to college success and support program alumni as they work to attain a college degree, stay connected to DREAM, and explore potential careers.
The Program Coordinator collaborates with colleagues to promote a culture of college success and career exploration throughout our high school programs. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience in forming deep relationships with young adults and have experience working with youth who are/will be first-generation college students. Additionally, the ideal candidate should be a collaborative individual with strong initiative and follow up.
Like all DREAM employees, the Legends Program Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a caseload of 50-60 college-aged young people;
- Support college success by conducting case management, tracking student progress, troubleshooting and linking participants with additional supports as necessary to help college students succeed in school and graduate on time. This includes regular check-ins and in-person visits with youth at colleges in the city, NY State and across the Northeast region;
- Support transition to start of college—ensure each graduating senior has guidance to select appropriate course schedule and support to complete all necessary paperwork and logistics to start school on time in best possible standing (housing, transportation, work-study etc.);
- Support implementation of workshops that focus on social/emotional, financial and academic aspects of college;
- Ensure youth are aware of financial aid deadlines and support youth and families in application process or financial aid issues as necessary;
- Ensure scholarships are administered according to protocol so that students have prompt access to funds;
- Coordinate career development programming to support participants’ job readiness and networking skills;
- Build relationships, connections and partnerships at college campuses, other CBOs, and internship providers;
- Conduct ongoing outreach to engage DREAM Alumni in the program and maintain strong participation;
- Develop and maintain electronic/virtual communications for DREAM Legends to remain connected;
- Plan and execute special events including 2-3 reunions per year.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with college-aged youth;
- Deep knowledge and understanding of college access, career readiness and college success for first-generation college students including academic, social/emotional and financial aid processes;
- Experience in coordination, facilitation and program planning;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and across departments;
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities;
- Valid Driver’s License preferred;
- Bilingual (Spanish speaker) preferred.
Full-time with some evenings required, travel and occasional weekend hours.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.wearedream.org/careers/position/college-success-program-coordinator-east-harlem-new-york-ny-usa-2