Donor Service Coordinator
Working closely with the Chief Development Officer reporting to the Director of Development, this position is responsible for varied duties including data management, Development Department SalesForce management, mass mailing production (invitations, acknowledgments, etc.) and major donor stewardship, leading the Young Professionals initiative, and special events support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Grants, Data, Direct Mail and Finance Management
- Serves as lead staff person for SalesForce database management, conversions and integration throughout the Development and Communications Department.
- Works with staff on reporting and management of their portions of the data.
- Trains current and new development staff on systems/procedures for use of SalesForce.
- Oversees Development Associate in gift entry and acknowledgement processes – including data entry, Salesforce updates, In Honor of cards, weekly acknowledgements and annual donor statements.
- Is responsible for generating all reports for major donors’ touchpoints and solicitations. Gift entry and gift acknowledgement.
- Manages external relationship and strategy of the Direct Mail program with consulting firm. Project manager of all direct mail mailings, both internal mailing and those with the external firm, working with the Director of Development and the Director of Communications.
- Manages in-house mailings for the department – including direct mail, major donor cultivation and event acknowledgements.
- Provides database training and reports as needed by Special Events Manager and Director of Development.
- Works with Communications Manager to integrate direct mail and communications programs.
- Implements administrative and donor-related activities for the annual campaign.
- Responsible for all reconciliation reports (between SalesForce and Finance)
- Acts as liaison with the Chief Financial Officer for data requirements, reports and ongoing issues on Finance/Development related work
Major Gift Work
- Conducts thorough background research and reporting for current and prospective major donors
- Assists the Chief Development Officer in strategy around relationship management of major donors.
- Manages all Salesforce data for major donor portfolios, touchpoints and other initiative as required.
- Works with CEO, CDO and DOD on stewardship activities and timely gift acknowledgements.
Community Servings Young Leaders (CSYL)
· The lead staff person to oversee and engage with our growing Young Leaders Initiative.
· Attend and lead monthly meetings for the CSYL Steering Committee.
· Develop the agenda each month alongside CSYL Chair, type up notes and action steps to send to the committee afterwards.
· Actively recruit members meeting with prospects interested in joining or coming to an event.
· Work with the Manager pf Volunteer Services to volunteer opportunities for young professionals.
· Lead in the planning of 4-5 annual CSYL Events, including a Farm to Fork and a Food Crawl, with assistance from the Special Events Manager. Steering Committee Members they utilized, appreciated, and engaged.
- Works on-site at events, including volunteer management and donor relations
- Assist the Special Events Manager in the planning and implementing of smaller events. Manage invitation lists, RSVP lists, and other duties as necessary.
- Assists with the implementation LifeSavor and Pie in the Sky
- Processes pie payments and pie orders for Pie in the Sky. Updates database information for pie buyers after the sale.
- Management of guest lists for major events, Specifically for LifeSavor, management of guest, participation level and location: and management and training volunteers in the hours leading up the major event for registration purposes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced office environment.
- Expertise in MS Office products required.
- 3-5 years of experience with SalesForce.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees, volunteers, vendors, and clients of different cultural and ethnic persuasions is a must.
- Management of volunteers
- Decision making capabilities.
- Night and weekend work may be required before and during select events.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Community Servings is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce and strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.