Details: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position.
445 Sherman Avenue
We are looking for a dedicated, creative individual with a strong commitment to the mission of QuestBridge to join the Alumni Relations team as a Program Associate. The Program Associate will help to develop community and strong resources to support a growing and changing alumni population.
QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions. This is a great chance for the right individual to make a lasting impact on our QuestBridge Alumni as they transition to the challenges of life after college. Additional information on QuestBridge can be found at www.questbridge.org.
- Write and edit content directed to a diverse alumni population, for marketing or educational purposes.
- Produce content in various channel forms, such as HTML emails, webpages, and social media posts.
- Work closely with a small team to understand needs of our population, and develop new programs to build community and provide resources.
- Utilize analytics to measure the impact of various channel efforts.
- Curate content on topics pertinent to young alumni (professional development, identity, networking, graduate school, etc.).
- Research and interview alumni for personal updates.
- Help to manage alumni website portal and other online communications forums (Facebook, Slack, etc), including user management and general support.
- Innovate on new ways to facilitate connections within the alumni population.
- Work with key alumni on regional event planning, and other general support of alumni clubs. Support the creation of new regional clubs.
- Support alumni board committees on projects and initiatives.
- Attend and staff our National College Admissions Conferences and Liaison Conference.
- Read and evaluation student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with superior writing and editing ability, and a knack for “storytelling”.
- Ability to research new topics in depth and to write new articles that summarize your findings.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Self-starter, resourceful, and organized with a keen sense of accountability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Comfort with technology and data, with the ability to improve current operations.
- Passion for issues in education, and to the mission of QuestBridge.
- Sensitivity to students and alumni from diverse backgrounds and a track record of handling sensitive personal information and situation.
- Experience with HMTL email marketing software, and/or webpage development.
- Proficiency in HTML.
- Experience designing for communications, using programs like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, or a good knack for visual communications and design.
- Experience or interest in video or audio production.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic. Energized by working with a far-reaching social venture in an expansion phase.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of the QuestBridge.
- Warm, positive personality; ability to collaborate well with others. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Polished, professional demeanor and communication style.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture. Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy, text editing, and visual aesthetics.
- Strong work ethic and deep-seated personal integrity, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment in difficult situations.
Hours and Work
This position can be part-time or full-time based on the candidate. It is based in Palo Alto, California.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position. Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “Alumni Program Associate – NAME" (e.g. "Alumni Program Associate– John Doe").
Thank you for your interest in employment with QuestBridge.
QuestBridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Minimum Education Required