Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
We are seeking a Director of Education Programs for a 255-unit building that houses families with children in the Jamaica, NY. The program is fully funded, and the facility is stocked with computers, software, and related technology. No fund raising is required.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of an after-school enrichment and recreation program.
- Develop program calendars and work plans along with staff.
- Develop and manage relationships with local schools and community providers.
- Develop and implement recruitment plan for program participants.
- Support the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of staff.
- Plan and at times facilitate staff trainings
- Experience coordinating afterschool and/or recreation programs, including supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field desired.
- Excellent leadership, communication, supervisory and team-building skills required.
- SACC licensure required.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work days, evenings and some weekends.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer funded retirement benefits, life insurance, and ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave.
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required