Details: Salary range starts at $42,000 and is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
88 Visitation Place
The Center for Court Innovation is a non-profit organization that works to create a more effective and humane justice system by performing original research and helping launch reforms around the world. The Center creates operating projects that have been documented to reduce the use of jail and prison, assist victims of crime, and strengthen communities. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research and provides consulting services to justice innovators.
The Red Hook Community Justice Center, a demonstration project of the Center for Court Innovation, is hiring an Assistant Facilities Manager to work with both voluntary and mandated clients. The Red Hook Community Justice Center is the nation’s first multi-jurisdictional community court, hearing criminal, housing and family matters under one roof with a single judge. The Justice Center’s mission is to solve community problems: strengthening families, assisting at-risk youth, preventing evictions, addressing crime when it occurs and working to prevent crime before it takes place. Court-mandated clients are sentenced to community restitution and linked to a full range of on-site and community-based social services, including drug treatment, mental health services, trauma counseling, family mediation, GED, and domestic violence services.
The Red Hook Community Justice Center is seeking an Assistant Facilities Manager. Reporting to the Office, Facilities, and Community Relations Manager, the Assistant Facilities Manager assists in overseeing community service crew supervision, building maintenance, and office management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Supervise crews of defendants performing court-ordered community service as per CCI guidelines and protocols, including the appropriate enforcement of rules and regulations and completing all required documentation in a timely manner;
· Manage and participate in community service activities on a daily basis, primarily including cleaning and maintenance of the Justice Center facility, its outside perimeter and property, and its offsite neighborhood office; other activities may also include community restitution projects such as painting over graffiti, cleaning local parks, streets and public spaces, or other beautification projects.
· Assist the Facilities Manager in maintaining the building and daily troubleshooting of facilities issues, including plumbing, flooring, light electrical, and painting;
· Assist the Facilities Manager in working off an on-going punch list of repairs and groundwork;
· Assist the Facilities Manager in tracking all relevant information related to the community service efforts, including keeping records and reporting information in a consistent fashion;
· Assist the Facilities Manager with maintaining the Justice Center’s offsite Neighborhood Office;
· Assist the Facilities Manager with a broad range of office management tasks;
· Assist with any Justice Center special events or projects as needed, including set-up, cleanup, or other tasks as needed;
· Work in partnership with the Community Service Crew Supervisor to establish daily tasks both indoors and outdoors, managing janitorial supplies and tools, and scheduling tasks on ongoing punch list;
· Participate in any and all required staff meetings and trainings, including those in Red Hook and occasionally at other locations within New York City;
· Assist with toxicology testing of court mandated defendants as needed.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent and some experience in facilities management, maintenance /renovations. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to effectively work with diverse client populations of various backgrounds and age groups, as well as collaborate with on-site partner agencies and court personnel. The ideal candidate will also have experience in a skill trade profession (e.g. electrician, plumbing, HVAC). Must possess meticulous attention to detail and effectively meet deadlines. Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel). Candidates must also have a valid New York State driver’s license. Physical demands include the ability to lift 25 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally; standing; walking; reaching; climbing a ladder; and pulling and pushing.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Asst. Facilities Manager in the subject line to: email@example.com.
If you are unable to access email, you may submit materials by mail or fax to:
Red Hook Community Justice Center
Attn: Melissa Torres
88 Visitation Place
Brooklyn, New York 11231
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. The Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities as well as individuals with prior contact with the criminal justice system.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Visit our website at www.courtinnovation.org.
The Center for Court Innovation is a project of the Fund for the City of New York.