4301 Connecticut Ave. NW
Genetic Alliance is a nonprofit health advocacy organization committed to engaging individuals, families, and communities to transform health. For us that means getting beyond the buzzwords and giving people power to influence the way research is done and healthcare is delivered. We do that by creating tools and technologies that give citizen scientists and communities the ability to lead research and by building strategic partners that put families in the driver seat in local, national, and international settings.
One or our signature tools, PEER, is a unique, award-winning technology platform that empowers people and families to combine their patient-reported outcomes and other health data and then contribute it to health research. The PEER platform maximizes engagement by enabling people to decide when and how their data is shared. Its custom survey interface has been used by more than 45 disease advocacy and community-based organizations to redefine research to be of the people and for the people.
General Position Overview:
The Technical Program Manager will oversee oversee the platform's technical and product strategy and implementation. This includes application and system architecture, development, production and testing, and implementing and maintaining overall engineering objectives, standards, and initiatives.
The Manager will lead both internal and outsourced engineering teams while also being able to personally navigate and assess the code base when needed. You’ll develop and oversee a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget. This position will collaborate closely with the entire PEER team, especially our Development Lead, Director of User Experience Design, and Assistant Director of Translational Science.
● Manage PEER development, production and testing pipeline and infrastructure
● Interface with external vendors to develop new modules and features
● Administer project management systems, including JIRA, ServiceDesk and GitHub
● Implement continuous integration tools (Travis) and testing scripts (Selenium, Sauce Labs)
● Maintain and expand system documentation
● Oversee transition of the codebase to open source
● Conduct code review for both new and legacy code
● Collaborate with key stakeholders to refine product roadmap
● Review vendor proposals, estimates and deliverables
● Ensure submitted code complies with approved requirements and specifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Expert knowledge of web application design patterns
● Strong knowledge of AWS, CI and deployment strategies such as Chef and CloudFormation.
● Strong knowledge of MySQL and ElasticSearch
● Experience with the Angular and Laravel or similar frameworks
● Experience in a regulated industry with an understanding of HIPAA and 21 CFR 11
● Familiarity with large, open-source projects
Paid vacation, health and holidays, generous medical insurance, long-term disability, life insurance, transportation deduction, and employee-contributed 403b plan with employer match
Level of Language Proficiency
Education and/or Experience
● Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
● 6+ years of professional engineering experience
● 2+ years of management experience using agile methodologies and tools
● 1+ years of experience managing remote development teams
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested and enthusiastic applicants should send a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and references to: Tetyana Murza, firstname.lastname@example.org