Details: commensurate with relevant experience
1010 S. 336th St
The Communities In Schools (CIS) of Washington State Office is a small, but high energy agency supporting 12 independent affiliates across the state in adherence to guidelines developed by the CIS national office. We provide technical assistance and support to help ensure local affiliates have the tools and capacity to provide and sustain strong student services in their local communities.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, self-motivated resource development professional with a passion for advancement of the organization’s mission. The Development Director is responsible for the development and implementation of an annual plan with a variety of strategies to meet the revenue goals of the state office. This position will also help strengthen fund raising capacity of Washington’s CIS affiliate offices
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fund development plan to meet strategic objectives and financial goals.
- Develop, maintain, and deepen corporate and foundation relationships, coordinate corporate event sponsorship, and support grant proposal development.
- Lead and support activities of the state board Resource Development Committee and focus the talents and connections of board members through coaching and mentoring.
- Implement, coordinate, and manage an annual individual giving program with customized cultivation plans.
- Provide guidance, consulting, and leadership to local affiliate executive directors and boards to strengthen fundraising skills and capacity within their local communities.
- Develop and lead collaborative fundraising strategies and provide opportunities to increase communication and networking of development staff across the state.
- Contribute to a culture of team work with the state office and affiliate network, demonstrating leadership and customer service in alignment with the state office belief in local empowerment.
- Represent Washington on national CIS initiatives and partnerships.
Full job description, including salary and benefits can be found at
Medical/Dential, Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Retirement (after one year)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email a cover letter with resume clearly detailing work experience and related qualifications by 5:00 on October 4th to email@example.com .
Initial interviews will be scheduled the week of October 8th.