3340 Peachtree Rd NE
Aurora Day Camp and the Sunrise Association
As a proud member of the Sunrise Association, Aurora Day Camp’s mission is to bring back the joys of childhood to children with cancer and their siblings through Day Camp, Year-Round and In-Hospital programs, all offered free of charge. The Sunrise Association is an independent and non-sectarian 501c3 nonprofit organization.
The Director of Development creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which includes major gifts, corporate donations, and special events. He/she is an energetic and ambitious fundraiser who will successfully work with volunteer leadership and staff to ensure the success of multiple fundraising events and opportunities throughout the year. Position reports to the Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a clear and compelling statement for support for Aurora Day Camp in the Atlanta market and build an understanding for support among constituencies.
- Develop and implement both annual and long-range plans to achieve fundraising goals.
- Identify, cultivate, and engage new donors with significant philanthropic capacity ($25,000+) via strategic outreach and action steps, including one-on-one discovery meetings and personalized engagement opportunities.
- Identify and develop new markets and opportunities for prospects with significant financial capacity and philanthropic intent.
- Track, develop, and write grants and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Administer signature fundraising and donor stewardship events (ie walk-a-thon).
- Train and motivate staff, volunteers and board members to assist in fundraising efforts.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and move quickly from one project to another while maintaining overall perspective.
- Manage, track, report and acknowledge all gifts, pledges and prospects in our software system by source and purpose.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent to 5-7 years’ development experience.
- A record of personal success in raising money.
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Atlanta philanthropic community.
- Time management and flexibility with job duties.
- Demonstrated track record of motivating and energizing others
- Fundraising software and tools expertise.
- Creative, self-starter attitude.
Aurora Day Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive work environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send application materials (resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements) to email@example.com.