The Peterson Center on Healthcare is a non-profit organization dedicated to making higher quality, more affordable healthcare a reality for all Americans. The organization works to transform U.S. healthcare into a high-performance system by finding innovative solutions that improve quality and lower costs and accelerating their adoption on a national scale. Established by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the organization collaborates with stakeholders across the healthcare system and engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research.
The Associate Director, Dissemination uses advance human factors engineering and behavior change management skill-set to promote delivery transformation towards high-value care in various delivery settings. He/she will work closely with the Director of Dissemination, Subject Matter Experts, and stakeholders to plan and prototype generalizable “change toolkits” that enable practices, facilitators and health systems to move toward high-performance care delivery. He/she will prototype a process to enable provider organizations to customize the toolkit to their environments, capabilities and application areas.
The Associate Director, Dissemination will have three main responsibilities:
- Designing the logic that underpins how healthcare organizations evolve from their current state to better performance through our high value care models
- Customizing interfaces and content to different user needs – from simple to highly detailed and more complex
- Advancing the Center’s knowledge and methodologies for evidence-based design and transformation of (complex) healthcare delivery systems.
The Associate Director, Dissemination will develop the logic that underpins how practices, facilitators and health systems implement high-performance delivery models with decreasing effort and increasing results. He/She will collaborate with the Center’s software product team to translate implementation logic to software logic such that the content and process can be refined in a technology-enabled service.
The Associate Director, Dissemination will work with multidisciplinary teams in primary care practices and health systems to design, test, and implement new workflows and processes. He/she will also work with the Center's Analytics and Learning team to process qualitative and quantitative insights that can be used to refine program logic and content. They will be responsible for converting learning into compelling and engaging content that simplifies and accelerates the change process for practices, facilitators, and health systems. He/ She will manage a small team, including a content designer and technical writers to deliver updates into the service platform.
The Associate Director, Dissemination will develop a repeatable methodology to prototype new change toolkits for models sourced through the Center’s Research and Identification team. He/she will manage the execution of those prototypes and support the design of the field tests for their adoption.
- The ideal candidate will possess many of the following skills:Highly skilled problem-solving ability (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues.
- Creativity and design sensibility that can be applied to behavior change initiatives, content and processes
- Ability to lead and influence others effectively to create synergy, prioritize projects, set goals and actions plans, and measure impact.
- Ability to establish strong, productive work relationships with stakeholders, physicians and frontline staff.
- Ability to manage, organize, prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to perform data analysis; create & interpret data display
- Ability to design, test, and implement new workflows and processes within healthcare organizations wokring with multidisciplinary teams.
- Master's degree in a work-related field/discipline (e.g. human factors engineering, systems design, systems and process engineering, organizational development) from an accredited college or university required.
- Systems Design/Systems Engineering training and experience.
- Human Factors Engineering/Human-centered Design training and experience.
- Organizational Development/Change Management training and experience.
- Healthcare Improvement and Implementation Sciences: training and experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Julia Murphy at the following link: http://commongoodcareers.force.com/careers/ts2__Register?jobId=a0K1L00000otdol&tSource=