District of Columbia
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
About the position:
We’re looking for an Email Associate to join our growing Digital team. You’ll help manage every aspect of our various issue advocacy campaigns’ email programs – from developing the calendar, writing and deploying messages, tracking email performance, and thinking through the most effective audience segmentation, calls to action, and landing pages. We’re a dynamic team within a fast-paced organization that’s always ready to jump into the next fight, so if you’re excited to take on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly respond to an ever-changing news cycle, we want to work with you.
As Email Associate, you’ll:
- Work with the Email Manager to craft overall email strategy for the Hub and our various programs, including calendaring, audience segmentation, landing pages, and calls to action
- Write compelling email and other copy for various digital campaigns and projects
- Draft email calendars and keep an eye on pivotal moments to engage our lists
- Code and send email messages to our various lists through Blue State Digital and other platforms as needed
- Track email performance and develop analytics reports
- Brainstorm tactics, creative, and campaigns around progressive issues and ideals
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends and best practices for email and digital writ large – and integrate them into our online organizing efforts
- Pitch in on other digital team and Hub-wide duties as needed
- You’re an excellent writer and love experimenting with tone, voice, and personality in your content
- You’re flexible, organized, and live for the details
- You’re passionate about following the latest digital trends, tracking online campaign performance, and using your analytical brain to make content perform better
- You’ve got a sense of humor and are comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have experience managing email programs
- You’ve used Blue State Digital and/or other email marketing platforms
- You’re well-versed in digital analytics and know what metrics to track and how to best use data to inform strategy
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a growing team of communicators, researchers, and organizers with experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups to build creative and effective campaigns.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter as PDF or Word attachments to: email@example.com. Please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.