1155 15th St NW
District of Columbia
The Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI) is a nonprofit membership organization that offers education, training, publications, and professional engagement opportunities in the field of food and drug law. As a neutral convener, FDLI provides a venue for stakeholders to inform innovative public policy, law, and regulation. FDLI’s scope covers all industries regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and related agencies and authorities in the U.S. and globally, including drugs, medical devices, food, dietary supplements, cosmetics, veterinary, and tobacco products. FDLI has a staff of 19 employees. www.fdli.org
This unique position requires someone with a proven ability to lead people and projects. As Manager, Program Innovation, you will be responsible for designing and piloting new educational and other member-related programs at FDLI. You will report directly to the President & CEO, and work closely with other teams at FDLI including administration, membership, educational programs, and publications. Position includes pilot project assessment to determine if, and when, innovative programs should be incorporated into the standard FDLI program offerings.
This position does not require prior experience in educational programs or the field of food and drug law but does require highly effective communication and writing skills. Applicants must have a four-year college degree and have at least two years in a prior professional position.
SAMPLE POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiate and design a customized Introduction to Device Law course to be held at a federal U.S. agency
- Negotiate and design a combined Introduction to Drug and Device Law course held at a major drug company
- Work with marketing staff to create and design marketing materials for customized, in-house food and drug law training courses
- Oversee program Planning Committee to create agenda, design program, and obtain sponsorship for FDLI’s first Introduction to Drug Law for Patient Organizations
- Work with CEO and Director, Publications, to oversee FDLI’s Academic Programs Committee, including planning events at graduate and law schools to promote careers in food and drug law
- Review and proof FDLI’s bi-monthly magazine, incorporating changes made by other staff as well
- Assess feasibility of and, if appropriate, design FDLI scholarship program for conferences and courses
- Work with CEO and COO to design and implement training for FDLI staff
- Assist CEO with upcoming speaking engagements and relevant PowerPoints
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidates must have completed a four-year degree
- Candidate must have at least two years of professional experience
- Prior experience in the field of food and drug law not required
- An intuitive interest in learning recent technologies to constantly improve work performance
- Extreme attention to detail, even with a high-volume of activity
- Enjoyment of working independently
- Microsoft Office experience
- Sense of humor
FDLI offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
FDLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is FDLI’s policy to hire individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Manager, Program Innovation” in the subject line.