Details: Commensurate with Experience
110 West 40th Street
Women’s City Club of New York (WCC) is a nonprofit, non-partisan, multi-issue activist organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for all New Yorkers. WCC shapes public policy through education, issues analysis, advocacy, and civic participation. WCC was founded in 1915 in anticipation of the ratification of the 19th Amendment (granting women the right to vote) as a space for women to consider political and societal issues and create change. Notable early members include Frances Perkins, Ida Tarbell, Alice Duer Miller, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Helen Hayes. Early accomplishments include the successful lobbying of Columbia University to admit women to their law school, the opening of the nation’s first Maternity Center in 1917, and educating the public to allow women to serve on juries. To this day, WCC members are dynamic, accomplished leaders in a range of fields, from policy and healthcare, to education and the law.
Position Overview: The Women’s City Club of New York is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, self-motivated Policy, Program and Communications Manager who will, in partnership with the President & CEO, develop and implement new and existing programs based upon the Strategic Plan. The Policy, Program and Communications Manager will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for leading WCC’s policy and programmatic work.
Policy & Programs: In collaboration with CEO, oversees, evaluates and strengthens the development and implementation of public programs, forums and conferences on current and emerging public policy issues; helps develop new programs that further the organization’s primary mission; ensures that all technical and logistical activities required to mount a successful program are met.
- In alignment with the Strategic Plan, develop and implement an intentional and comprehensive framework for local advocacy and policy change efforts
- Implement strategies and activities necessary to carry out the policy and advocacy agenda.
- Work with staff to formulate, coordinate, and integrate the policy and advocacy strategy with the communications strategy.
- Build strategic partnerships with organizations that will assist WCC in meeting desired policy and programmatic agenda outcomes.
- Develop strategic alliances with key elected officials, community groups, neighborhood and business leaders, community residents, consumers and others. Attend public and private meeting involving major projects.
- Coordinate advocacy efforts for community members and other interested parties on how to effectively advocate for WCC policy and advocacy agenda.
- Support the CEO in identifying and coordinating additional funding resources (foundations, businesses, leveraging of state and federal funds, etc.) to support the policy, advocacy and programmatic agenda of WCC.
- Ability to understand the current policy landscape of New York City and State and focus programming work around policies.
Communication: In cooperation with WCC leadership, develop and maintain effective communication, with particular emphasis on social media and public relations, to promote WCC visibility and market WCC programs.
- Maintain website and update content.
- Manage a comprehensive and integrated communications strategy that meets the programmatic, administrative, and policy and advocacy objectives of WCC.
- Update, and coordinate the production and, as needed, the creation of all materials for WCC including brochures, flyers, quarterly e-newsletters, fact sheets, position papers, annual reports to the community, and other written materials.
- In partnership with external PR firm, craft talking points for public relations opportunities including press events/meetings, legislative visits, and community events for CEO.
- Ensure all external written communication meets quality standards and maintains consistent messaging.
- Work with Operations Coordinator and external PR Firm to ensure electronic communication vehicles such as, the website and social media are accurate, up-to-date, and carry messaging representative of the mission and vision of WCC.
- Coordinate and implement community building/public relations activities.
- Assist the Executive Director in the development of fundraising proposals and reports for institutional donors.
- Conduct research for fundraising prospects.
Finance and Administration
- Develop and manage budgets for programs using QuickBooks and Excel.
- Work across a variety of levels to effectively manage staff, interns, Committees, Board, and partners.
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Public Administration, Policy or Nonprofit Management or an MBA preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in program management.
- Knowledgeable about public policy issues in NYC and/or some experience in public policy advocacy desirable.
- Highly developed oral, written communication, research, and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic self-starter who takes initiative to help develop and implement organization’s activities.
- Expert multi-tasking ability, including the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent calendar management, event planning, organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience working with Board of Directors
- Advanced MS Office Suite skill set, WordPress, MailChimp and aptitude to quickly learn web-based software applications.
- The ability to work effectively with others at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions.
- Demonstrated commitment to working on social justice issues—professionally and/or personally.
- Unique abilities that contribute to an engaging and fast-paced office environment.
- Sense of humor.
Health, dental, vision, life insurance; vacation days; sick days; 401(k) retirement plan; transit benefits ($100/month); flexible spending account; summer flex hours; and professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter (that clearly explains why this position at WCCNY is uniquely suited to your talents) and resume to Attn: Policy, Program and Communications Manager Search at email@example.com. No calls please. You will only be contacted if we are interested in pursuing your candidacy.
WCCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.