Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience. Zeta Schools offers a competitive compensation package.
The mission of Zeta Charter Schools is to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators. Zeta will launch in NYC with two public charter schools in the 2018-2019 school year, with plans to grow to ten schools serving PreK-12th grades. Zeta Schools are committed to:
- Academically Rigorous Education for a Modern Workforce. Zeta will combine the best of an academically rigorous education, focused on critical thinking and problem solving, with cutting edge technology and tools. Students will excel academically and work to solve the problems of the future, creating and inventing in “innovation laboratories” and developing coding fluency. Zeta will invest in serving the particular needs of at-risk, high-needs, English Language Learner, and advanced populations, with an aim to diversify the approach in order to mine their unique and highest potential.
- Mindfulness and Wellness. Zeta Schools will promote an environment of mindfulness for students, staff, and families. Mindfulness will foster kindness and serve as the foundation for a respectful school community. It will further teach students the value of treating others in a manner they would want to be treated and to learn self-regulation. Students will engage in invigorating daily physical activity and learn healthy habits, and all members of the community will be encouraged to practice and model healthy habits to maximize their own well being.
- High-Performance, People-First Culture. We are focused on hiring and developing great people and maintaining high expectations to enable team members to grow personally and professionally. Zeta cultivates a high-performance culture that fosters extraordinary outcomes, innovation, efficiency, and productivity, while practicing a sustainable people-first culture. With over 300 hours of professional development every year, we put our efforts where we think the biggest returns are: our people. The people-first culture extends to our community as well—we will embrace family involvement in order to best serve the needs of individual children.
As a Head Teacher, you will receive extensive support and professional development from experienced teachers and talented school leaders to ensure your success, build deep relationships with students, parents, and communities, work in an innovative environment with high standards for children and adults alike, and join a community of leaders committed to transforming public education in New York City and beyond.
- Building a classroom culture in which students love learning
- Planning, preparing, and delivering excellent instruction to all students in the class according to their educational needs
- Teaching students through an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity and enables all students to thrive
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics
- Driving academic outcomes by analyzing data, studying student work, and implementing high-leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students
- Holding yourself accountable for excellent student outcomes
- Bringing a passion for innovation and optimizing technology in the classroom
- Assessing, recording, and reporting on student progress, achievement, and behavior
- Training with colleagues and school leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Schools
- 1-2 years Head teaching experience with a proven record of propelling student growth and achievement
- High moral character
- Flexible and open to feedback
- Demonstrating grit and perseverance
- Interested in working in a collaborative environment
- Passion for learning, driving innovation, disrupting the status quo, trying new approaches, and tackling problems from many angles and with creative solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership
Work authorization required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.). Zeta Schools is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required