Part Time Temporary
2600 Virginia Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The National Trust seeks a creative, energetic, and motivated part-time Video Producer to direct, produce, edit, manage, and evaluate an array of audiovisual content for the organization. A function of the Content Marketing team within the Marketing Department, this portfolio-building opportunity will focus on the storytelling needs for the National Trust’s African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund, while also providing occasional support for other marketing initiatives.
This position is best suited to a graduate student or early career professional with prior experience in video production. The ideal candidate should be able to edit with Final Cut Pro and shoot confidently with professional cameras (experience using Panasonic AG-AC90 AVCCAM is a plus). The ideal candidate will have experience researching, scouting shoot locations, interviewing sources, writing scripts, and crafting stories. Because of the focus on telling stories related to African American cultural heritage, individuals who meet the qualifications and who have personal or professional connections to African American communities, institutions, cultural organizations or historic places, or studies in African American History or related programs, are encouraged to apply.
This is a part-time, temporary position, working 2-3 days per week, for an initial period of 3-4 months.
- Help conceptualize, shoot, and edit a clear and compelling array of video content for the Marketing Department
- Collaborate with other teams within Advancement (such as Editorial + Creative, Public Affairs, and Philanthropy) to achieve organizational storytelling goals.
- Content could include but is not limited to: “text over image,” mobile journalism, Facebook Live recording, Instagram video, and more.
- Conduct pre-production research
- Handle production for audiovisual projects
- Help develop and follow video workflow guidelines
- Identify and help implement best practices for video thumbnails, SEO, and other metadata
- Support data tracking and analysis for video content across platforms
- Collaborate with Content Marketing team to optimize content across platforms
- Coordinate with Content Marketing team on campaigns and editorial planning
- Revise, edit, and reformat content as directed
- Explore and help implement different ideas and concepts for visual stories
- Perform administrative and other tasks as assigned
- 1-2 years of professional experience that ideally includes working in a related role, particularly in a matrixed and geographically dispersed nonprofit.
- Must have demonstrated storytelling/video production experience and skill (demo reel and/or samples are required)
- Excellent research and communication skills, including good listening techniques; a clear, concise writing style; and good verbal skills.
- Strong understanding of cameras & associated gear (such as Panasonic AG-AC90 AVCCAM).
- Experienceeditting on Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Flexibility to work on a range of video content styles.
- Strong attention to detail across all aspects of work.
- An understanding and interest in the social video ecosystem, digital video and SEO. Experience with social media in a professional or institutional capacity preferred.
- Ability to give and take feedback.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous experience with blogging platforms, social media, and/or CMS platforms preferred.
- Proven ability to collaborate across departments to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive, positive relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Intermediate analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization. Basic project-organization skills—including project budgeting, planning, and time management—preferred. Ability to achieve results with moderate supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a efficient and timely fashion.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential. Demonstrated interest/ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment required, including working effectively with frequent interruptions and handling changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy. Public contact and ability to work successfully in close proximity to others required. Experience with photography a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in subject matter (African American history, architecture, historic preservation, arts & humanities) a plus.
- Demonstrated success in engaging culturally diverse audiences, partners and colleagues and communicationg about related topics.
- BA (or equivalent years of experience) required; graduate degree in television/radio/film, communications, journalism, African American history/studies, or a related field a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to: 750360-CSemail@example.com