The Advancement Associate is integral to raising funds for LACGC and growing its base of supporters. This position is responsible for driving specific fundraising outcomes, departmental administration, database management, external affairs activities including special events, and community engagement. The Advancement Associate is responsible for the development, implementation and management of volunteer programs, in-kind donations, and additional advancement activities as needed.
EVENTS & FUNDRAISING:
- Create event opportunities to drive revenue, recruit and cultivate new donors, and build support.
- Manage, execute and drive annual fundraising events, campaigns, and appeals.
- Work closely with the Advancement Team to secure corporate and community sponsorships.
- Recruit and engage both internal and external stakeholders through committees, volunteer programs, and in-kind support.
- Coordinate logistics related to event planning, implementation, follow-up, and acknowledgement.
- Oversee tasks associated with community engagement opportunities, campaigns and events.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, including scopes of work, bidding, negotiations, follow-through, and payment.
- Serve as primary point person and manager for all projects associated with our donor database.
- Train and manage staff members on all matters related to database management and data entry.
- Conduct regular audits of the database’s records and gift entries.
- Manage and oversee processing of gifts and acknowledgements, along with new contact information.
- Responsible for creating, managing and running reports.
- Stay current on best practices, emerging trends, and product updates.
- Plan, direct, and implement the operation of the agency’s volunteer program.
- Recommend, author, and execute policies and procedures for volunteers.
- Oversee volunteer training, recruitment, and retention strategies.
- Work closely with managers to ensure volunteers fulfill their responsibilities.
- Maintain schedules, files, and evaluations of volunteers, and provide reports when needed.
- Manage donor and volunteer recognition programs.
IN KIND DONATIONS:
- Implement and manage in-kind donation standards and receiving procedures.
- Research, identify, and request in-kind donations to meet the agency’s needs.
- Maintain and update accurate in-kind donation wish lists for the public.
- Coordinate the delivery or pick-up of in-kind donations between the donor our Facilities staff.
- Ensure timely and appropriate tracking, reporting and recognition of in-kind donations.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in business, communications, public policy, or a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of direct and relevant work experience, preferably in a not for profit organization.
- Proven success in coordinating large-scale community events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A strong commitment to advancing LACGC’s mission.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of development and communications activities.
- Personally and effectively engage with key stakeholders, including volunteers, donors, corporations and community groups.
- Strong advocacy and community mobilization skills; ability to work with diverse constituencies and individuals.
- Execute advancement strategies, typically in cross-functional teams.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and donor databases (preferably DonorPerfect).
- Work closely and effectively with the Vice President of Advancement and External Affairs and similarly engage cooperatively and collegially with other LACGC team members, including the LACGC executive management team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a high level of organization, analysis, perspective, planning, creativity, and energy.
- Remain flexible in the face of competing demands and effectively manage multiple projects at any given point in time.
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate an ability to solve problems and remove barriers to the advancement revenue goals and initiatives.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- LACGC prides itself in offering its employees a competitive salary that places them at or above the market rate.
- LACGC offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a $10,000 life insurance policy and paid sick and vacation time benefits.
- LACGC employees benefit from a 401(k) company match contribution and profit sharing benefit, as well as the opportunity to contribute to a 529 College Savings Plan.
Minimum Education Required