Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
2120 Dorchester Avenue
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Conservatory Lab Charter School (CLCS) is a public charter school that serves 444 students in two locations in Dorchester, MA. Founded in 1999, CLCS empowers a diverse range of children (Pre K-Grade 8) as artists and scholars. CLCS’s unique model fuses Expeditionary Learning (EL Education), El Sistema musical education, and social-emotional wellness. CLCS was the first school in the nation to implement El Sistema within the school day, and our students perform in venues and communities throughout Boston. CLCS students also engage with the community through inquiry-driven learning expeditions.
The Center for Artistry and Scholarship (CAS) is a nonprofit organization founded to support CLCS. CAS serves as an outreach arm for disseminating the CLCS learning model. CAS also promotes arts infusion in education and creative approaches to developing leaders in schools and youth-focused nonprofits.
The Conservatory Lab Charter School Foundation (CLCS Foundation) is a nonprofit organization that acts in service to the school. The Foundation also collaborates with CAS. The Foundation cultivates support for each of these innovative organizations and promotes them to ensure sufficient resources and recognition for sustainability and expansion so more students can learn from and with an arts-infused, inquiry driven curriculum in a safe and supportive school.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator supports innovative and robust marketing and communications strategies for a complex organization that includes Conservatory Lab Charter School (CLCS), the Conservatory Lab Charter School Foundation, and Center for Artistry and Scholarship (CAS) a nonprofit organization that works in support of the school. The ideal candidate possesses solid skills in content creation, website management, social media, data analysis, design, photography/videography, media relations, and project management. They will have 2+ years related experience, ideally at an educational nonprofit organization. They will know how to produce results in an environment where building consensus and effectively collaborating with a diverse group of colleagues is critical.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator helps shape overall marketing and communications strategies for CLCS and CAS and serves as a member of the school’s development team. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator reports to the CAS/CLCSF Executive Director.
● Work with CLCS senior management team, principal, and others to ensure timely, informative, coordinated, and constituent-friendly external communications (blogs, online news stories, email newsletters, social media posts, videos, etc.)
● Manage and monitor CLCS and CAS social media on a range of platforms
● Create, edit, and manage photography, video, and other media
● Create and/or edit copy for CLCS and CAS websites, social media, and collateral
● Contribute to collateral and asset design and production
● Maintain and update CLCS and CAS websites
● Ensure messaging and branding consistency
● Establish and maintain media contacts
Desired Skills, Experience, and Attitudes
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and at least two years of relevant work experience
● Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
● Outstanding attention to detail, including copy editing
● Strong content management, digital marketing, and social media skills
● Experience with (or ability to learn quickly) Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Squarespace, Constant Contact, HootSuite, and SEO knowledge/ability
● Experience with and understanding of school and nonprofit organizational cultures
● Experience with interviewing video subjects
● Ability to determine effectiveness of marketing initiatives through data analytics
● Fierce eagerness to learn
● Flexible and creative thinking
● Organizational and project management skills that produce results under tight deadlines
● Understanding of media relations
● Ability to manage the needs and expectations of diverse constituencies
● Background in or familiarity with the arts (particularly music) preferred
● Available to work full-time and occasional nights and weekends
CLCS offers generous benefits including a 403B retirement plan with a 3 percent match, 5+ weeks of vacation, and flexible scheduling. We also offer a joyous workplace, with offices located onsite at CLCS’s Upper School campus. Our days are filled with CLCS students’ music and energy. Salary commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be posted until filled.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Linda Nathan, Executive Director at email@example.com.