Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH Palais Am Festungsgraben Am Festungsgraben 1
Student Assistant Corporate Relations
Start: October 2018 or later
Office: Berlin – 13 hours/week
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Conducting research on prospective corporate partners and contributing to Kiron’s corporate outreach strategy
- Supporting the Corporate Relations team in developing their contact base, which might include corporate communication, attending networking events, supporting new partner acquisition and keeping our CRM tools updated
- Contributing with an effective knowledge management process by sourcing, editing and sharing internal content
- The atmosphere and insights of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team where you can create real impact
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your creative input and ideas, to develop your own professional network with interesting contacts and to get hands on experience within the NGO sector
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “SHK CR + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in German or in English in a single PDF file until October 14 to Camila Sarmanho.
Level of Language Proficiency
Your set of skills
- You are an enrolled student, ideally in Business Administration, Communications or other relevant fields of studies
- You are proficient in German and English (both C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- You already have first practical experiences in Business Development/Sales and/or have worked with e.g. NGOs or associations before
- You are a self-starter and team player who is used to working independently and in small teams
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
Minimum Education Required