1400 16th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
IFAW explores new ways to improve conditions for animals, people, and the place we call home—and we’ve been leading the way for over 50 years. The problems we confront are urgent, complicated, and resistant to change. Solving them requires fresh thinking and bold action. So we look at the issues from different angles, make unexpected connections, and challenge the way things are done. Partnering with local communities, NGOs, and governments around the globe, we create real-world solutions that make an immediate and lasting impact. We see the world as it is, and we’re compelled to make it better (and, we’re growing!).
IFAW is looking for a Senior Web Designer and Developer to join our team in Washington, DC. This is an incredible opportunity to help shape a new online division at one of the most prestigious animal welfare and conservation organizations while reaching supporters and advocates in fifteen countries on five continents in nine languages.
This role directly supports the growth, cultivation and development of IFAW’s digital universe of subscribers, advocates and donors globally and plays a critical role in helping the team meet and exceed online revenue targets, list growth, audience engagement and ultimately retention.
In close collaboration with cross-functional partners, you will turn ideas and concepts into modern designs that will further optimize the user experience across all digital channels. To be successful here you'll also need a flexible personality to be able to thrive in the fast paced, reactive environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own the entire creative process from conception to production for all landing pages, donation pages and microsites for ifaw.org
- Maintain absolute accuracy and attention to detail on a variety of projects simultaneously throughout the creative and production process
- Manage workflow and project timelines for assigned web design projects with the aid of the Project Manager, Graphic Designer and staff writers
- Intimate working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, web color theory, typography, browser capability standards and brand identity
- Respond quickly to design challenges and new business needs
- Maintain and oversee a patterning library for design and functionality
- Ensure deadlines for assigned projects are met
- Must be a conceptual, strategic thinker with proven problem-solving skills, and ability to see the big picture.
- Very strong verbal and written communication and positive attitude are required
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail
- Very strong and sophisticated typography
- Ability to translate complex design challenges into clear, customer-friendly experiences
- Discerning eye for photo editing, cropping, and compositing
- Expert Photoshop skills
- Advanced level proficiency in Adobe CS
- Passion and understanding of UX, and marketing best practices
- Strong understanding of grid systems and responsive design systems
- Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member
- Resourceful self-starter who gets things done
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (Design / Interactive) or equivalent experience
- Proven talent in graphic and interactive design
- 4-6 years Web design in an agency or a brand
- Mastery of appropriate tools & technology
- Advanced Photoshop, with excellent digital photo-manipulation and compositing skills, working knowledge Illustrator, InDesign
- Knowledge of best practices for Web image optimization
- Experienced in designing and developing desktop and mobile websites, email templates, and working with a CMS.
- Motion graphics & video editing experience for web (Premier, After Effects & Final Cut Pro) a plus
- Experience overseeing or editing copy a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit a resume through the Applicant Tracking System at https://www.ifaw.org/united-states/about-ifaw/employment