Senior Vice President of Business Development and Entrepreneurship
- Job posted by Newark Community Economic Development Corportation
111 Mulberry St Suite 1
Job Description: Directs the development of strategy and portfolio management for Newark CEDC’s business community in alignment with the mayor’s vision, strategic plan for the Department of Economic and Housing Development, and Newark CEDC’s business objectives. Manages and leads business development processes through project management, negotiation, vendor management, financial analysis, market knowledge, industry benchmarks and good communication. This position reports to the President & CEO. This is a high-profile position interacting and building relationships with the City of Newark’s investors, prospects and community leaders locally and on a national scale.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and offer integrated and comprehensive training programs and services to local entrepreneurs and the small business community, including the development of business plans, marketing plans, financial plans, access to capital, international trade, and/or other applicable areas.
- Provide one-on-one counseling to small business clients in areas including small business start-up requirements, recordkeeping, marketing, and other small business concerns.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key stakeholders, external agencies, local businesses, and other business technical assistance providers.
- Work with stakeholders to streamline programs and services for small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Develop new programs and evaluate and recommend improvements to existing programs and services. Identify and access resources to improve overall program effectiveness.
- Implement and monitor compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes. Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and national standards.
- Lead Newark CEDC’s procurement and Buy Local strategy to help strengthen the local economy and capture consumer spend.
- Collaborates with applicable agencies to assist in the development and implementation of statewide private and public sector initiatives to increase and improve services to the business community.
- Develop and implement a business attraction strategy in partnership with the SVP of Real Estate.
- Supervise business development department transactions in support of departmental objectives.
- Manages database and related reporting needs assigned portfolio.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) with focus on economic development, Supply and Chain Management, Business Administration, Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related field.
- Previous experience within corporate real estate, a small business development center or working with entrepreneurs.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively manage relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Independent judgment and solid analytical and financial acumen.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
- Creativity in solving unique and challenging problems.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce and other business related software.
- Experience with Newark, New Jersey and/or tri-state area property markets required
Newark CEDC offers a competitive salary and an excellent fringe benefit package as well as an exciting, challenging and rewarding work environment.
Minimum Education Required