789 Washington Avenue, 2nd Floor
JUSTICE IN MOTION
Justice in Motion is a non-profit organization with the mission of protecting migrant rights across borders. At the core of this mission is the belief that all migrants should be treated fairly and should have access to justice, and that in today’s globalized world, cross-border partnerships within civil society are essential to fair treatment and justice for migrants. To this end, Justice in Motion has designed an innovative model which partners US and Canadian lawyers with members of Justice in Motion’s Defender Network to collaborate on concrete legal cases for migrants. The Defender Network is comprised of human rights organizations and individual lawyers in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and Nicaragua. Justice in Motion’s legal action, capacity building, and policy programs provide advocates throughout the region with the necessary skills, knowledge, and connections to ensure migrants have access to justice wherever and whenever they need it.
We are a small team dedicated to advancing justice for migrants across borders. We are looking for a team member who is enthusiastic about our mission and social justice more broadly.
Justice in Motion seeks a bilingual (English/Spanish), organized, and skilled Operations Assistant to provide support to staff leading Justice in Motion's individual development, operations, and programmatic work. The Operations Assistant will work primarily with the Executive Director and the Finance and Administration Director.
The Operations Assistant will have the chance to build on a wide range of skills and experience and work with human rights advocates across the US and Latin America. This is a uniquely collaborative and convivial environment where we value everyone's input and experience.
The Operations Assistant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Manage Salesforce CRM database, including compiling and organizing contacts, and individual giving data.
● Manage donations, donor records, and acknowledgements.
● Lead in the organization of individual donor development efforts such as donor mailings, online campaigns, individual donor events, and researching funding prospects.
● Develop materials for fundraising efforts.
● Coordinate logistics for in-person trainings and events across the program areas, both in the U.S. and internationally.
● Provide general administrative support to the Finance Director
● Manage the office, which includes overseeing the space, ordering office supplies, and day-to-day maintenance.
● Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director.
● Bilingual verbal and written English and Spanish fluency
● Superior organizational skills
● Attention to detail
● Multitasking master
● Adept with administering and comfortability learning technological tools such as Google Apps for Work, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, etc.
● Ability to work with multiple supervisors
● Strong time management skills
● Ability to work independently and stay on task to meet deadlines.
● Strong writer
● Passion for our mission
● Bachelor's degree
● Thrives in a busy and time-pressure work environment
● Sense of humor
● Values diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
● Experience working with worker rights, migrant rights, and/or human rights organizations.
● Experience working in Latin America or with Spanish-speaking communities.
● Work experience in fundraising and development.
● Graphic design experience
● Willing to occasionally travel nationally and internationally
Health, dental & generous time off package offered
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Justice in Motion values diversity in our workforce and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. Please email a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write: “OA -- [Your Name].”