About Cradles to Crayons:
Cradles to Crayons (C2C) was founded in 2002, with the mission of providing children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive - at home, at school and at play. C2C is at the cutting edge of volunteer management, and through its “Giving Factory” provides unique, hands-on opportunities for people to help other people. Headquartered in Boston, MA, C2C opened in Philadelphia in 2007 and in Chicago in 2016.
How Our Model Works: Cradles to Crayons collects new and nearly new children's items through grassroots community drives and corporate donations. Donations are then processed and packaged by volunteers, and are distributed to disadvantaged children through a collaborative network of social service agencies and school partners. C2C supplies these items free of charge by engaging and connecting communities that have with communities that need.
Cradles to Crayons meets a critical need as many children 12 years old and younger live in low-income and/or homeless situations. These living conditions can have negative effects on self-esteem as poverty can lead to increased social and emotional behavioral challenges; it impacts early education since half of children living in poverty start 1st grade up to 2 years developmentally behind their peers; and safety may be compromised as children living in poverty have increased risk of injury.
While meeting the immediate needs of low-income children, Cradles to Crayons also sets a foundation for lasting change by providing meaningful, tangible volunteer opportunities to thousands of individuals and families and hundreds of corporations each year by organizing clothing collections, hosting fundraisers, or working in the "Giving Factory" warehouse.
Cradles to Crayons earned the highest possible rating from Charity Navigator for several consecutive years. Only 2% of charities rated have received this distinction, differentiating C2C from its peers, exemplifying the high standard of service at C2C, and indicating that C2C outperforms most other charities in America.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Family Philanthropy Coordinator will help to ensure that Cradles to Crayons meets our objective of strong family engagement by building and maintaining partnerships through our Teen Leadership Corp, Boston Marathon team and fundraising in the range of $0-$1K. S/he will also be assigned to help with logistical and administrative tasks for our Un-Gala at Home event as well as other special volunteer events/engagement. The Family Philanthropy Coordinator will be expected to support other departmental and organizational goals and activities as needed.
· Model and lead a positive “One Cradles” culture, underpinned by Cradles’ Cultural Values and related behaviors.
· Serve as a member of the Family Philanthropy Development Team and manage a portfolio of family/individual funders to meet annual fundraising goal to secure gifts in the $0-1k range.
· Manage all volunteer inquiries from family and individuals and scheduling visits in the Giving Factory as well as at-home and virtual engagement.
· Spearhead Teen Leadership Corp which provides an opportunity for Middle and High school students to develop leadership skills in the areas of community organizing and volunteer service.
· Manage Boston Marathon team including recruitment and logistical support of the nine-person team, fundraising support, and serve as liaison with John Hancock.
· Contribute to the plan of the Un-Gala at Home event, including registration, logistical support, and other administrative tasks.
· Ensure that all volunteers and volunteer visits are accurately tracked in Salesforce and maintain up-to-date CRM records to track donor support and engagement.
· Provide excellent customer service by responding in a timely manner to emails and phone calls.
· Attend C2C’s signature events and contribute to other departmental and organizational goals and activities as needed.
· Meet family/individual volunteer group targets through successful cultivation and recruitment.
· Meet established fundraising goals.
· Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of C2C programs, data, and impact.
· Accurately maintain data and systems for tracking.
· Uphold high quality of customer service with all C2C stakeholders.
· Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with other C2C staff, and external stakeholders.
· BA degree required.
· 1-2 years of experience in a development environment required.
· Read, speak, and write fluent English, with superior written and verbal skills.
· Cooperate and show willingness to assist others.
· Communicate with co-workers and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
· Easily navigate through Microsoft Office suite and willingness to learn Salesforce CRM system.
· Able to work independently, under supervision, and in a team-based and goal-oriented environment.
· Work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
· Easily walk up and down stairs, bend down, reach, push and pull, and lift up to 30 lbs.
This is a warehouse environment and normal changes in temperature are to be expected while working inside the warehouse or outside, on or around the loading dock. There are no hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH:
Diversity and Inclusiveness are core values at Cradles to Crayons, and we continuously strive to be a team where everyone feels welcome and supported. It is the policy of Cradles to Crayons to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and/or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made by Cradles to Crayons which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
About Cradles to Crayons:
Cradles to Crayons (C2C) was founded in 2002, with the mission of providing children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive - at home, at school…