Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program is seeking 5 High School Coach Positions: Coed Tennis (Fall, Spring Seasons), Girls Volleyball (Fall), Head Women’s Soccer Coach (Fall) Boys Volleyball (Spring), Girls Softball (Spring) for the 2022-2023 school year.
ABOUT DON BOSCO CRISTO REY:
Come join a diverse and talented faculty and staff at Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program! Students come to DBCR because they dream of breaking the cycle of poverty by going to college and launching a professional career. Every student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) where they will gain professional work experience and earns money to pay for a portion of their education. CWSP participation is a critical component of every Cristo Rey student’s education, a connection that is made explicit through curricular complements that bridge students’ corporate and classroom experiences. The students at DBCR are motivated and incredibly kind. Please consider becoming a part of our mission!
• Coaching candidates should be motivated to teach and train student athletes for competition and help develop an appreciation for the sport as it relates to life experiences. Duties:
• Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice times to provide both individual and team development.
• Hold meetings with parents, student athletes and encourage potential athletes to participate in the sport.
• Support academic performance
• Make the game enjoyable for both the novice player to the experienced player
• Valid Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C. driver’s license and driving record and ability to drive a 14-passenger minibus to athletic events
• Model sportsmanship behavior and maintain appropriate conduct toward students, officials, families and spectators.
• At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
• High School/Trade School degree preferred
• Participate in special activities that include Open House, the Parent/Athletic/Coaches (PAC) meetings, Student life/Award banquet, Homecoming, and other activities if asked or needed
• Work with the Athletic Director to assign awards and provide rosters. • Applicant must complete and pass the Archdioceses of Washington background check and attend Child Protection Training.
For more information, please contact Mr. Chris Lesesne, Athletic Director at CLesesne@dbcr.org or 301-891-4750 ext. 102
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of the Catholic faith, beliefs and practices, along with an understanding of, and commitment to, the educational mission of the Archdiocese of Washington, the Salesians of Don Bosco, and the vision of the Cristo Rey Network.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references.
Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School
Attn: Mr. Elias M. Blanco, Principal E-mail: email@example.com
1010 Larch Ave.
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Phone: (301) 891-4750 x136
Visit www.dbcr.org for school information
Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program is seeking 5 High School Coach Positions: Coed Tennis (Fall, Spring Seasons), Girls Volleyball (Fall), Head Women’s Soccer Coach (Fall) Boys Volleyball (Spring), Girls Softball (Spring…