140 Clarendon Street
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them.
YW Boston is undergoing tremendous organizational change. We have a relatively new leadership team, are revamping our strategic plan, and are investing in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst ambiguity, and are excited about helping YW Boston evolve into the next phase of eliminating racism and empowering women.
General Statement of Duties
YW Boston utilizes a positive youth development approach to support young people to achieve outcomes necessary for success in the future based on youth’s interests, strengths, and formative needs. In addition to collaborative program development and working directly with youth providing social justice education and leadership training, the Youth Development Coordinator is responsible for cultivating and maintaining partnerships with key collaborators and partner organizations, supporting student delegations at their host sites, and planning and executing content and logistics for program activities. Program planning duties include conducting research, coordinating speakers, securing host sites, arranging food and beverage, and facilitating workshops on topics including race, gender, and leadership skills. The Youth Development Coordinator will provide excellent customer service to participants, alumni, speakers and collaborating organizations.
YW Boston is committed to assessing performance to ensure high quality programs and the Youth Development Coordinator is responsible for accurate collection and input of data as well as utilizing the learnings from the data to improve practice and programs.
This position will report to the Youth Leadership Program Manager.
The successful Youth Development Coordinator (Youth Leadership) will achieve the following outcomes:
· Successfully meet program goals including execution of logistics, program quality, and number of youth engaged
· Execute accurate collection and timely input of all data
· Ensure delegates meet outcomes goals around knowledge and attitude changes and successfully complete Community Action Projects in their communities
Program Development & Implementation
· Contribute to the development and achievement of program goals and outcomes
· Collaborate with Manager to design and evaluate program including curriculum development
· Facilitate workshops during monthly Program Days and September’s overnight Immersion Weekend
· Provide youth with short-term and long term support and follow-up to meet programmatic goals
· Meet with student delegations on a bi-weekly basis to support and coach them on completing their community action projects (CAPs)
· Identify resources for delegates’ personal and/or delegation needs
· Create and maintain relationships with delegation advisors
· Remain current on current events to provide support to youth
· Coordinate all logistics and operational needs for program
Data and Performance Management
· Ensure all data is collected including attendance, assessments, and evaluations
· Enter all program data by deadlines set by Research and Evaluation Manager
· Regularly assess, measure, and evaluate youth development outcomes through a data driven approach in collaboration with Manager and Research and Evaluation Manager
Partnerships and Collaborations
· Participate in orientation for parents, guardians, and delegates
· Develop and provide training for volunteers
· Manage contracts and billing activities, with involvement of the Operations and Finance teams
· Coordinate logistics and operations with program partners
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with program partners and collaborators conducting partnership meetings, soliciting, collecting, and evaluating feedback from partner organizations
· Coordinate appropriate Facebook content for the InIt Facebook page to promote critical thinking about social justice and current events
· 3 years of youth development experience.
· Extremely detailed oriented and an expert at coordinating logistics.
· Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and communicate progress to stakeholders.
· Experience facilitating group discussion in a context of teaching or training.
· Proven ability to employ a trauma-informed behavior management approach, including use of positive redirection.
· Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively and respectfully with youth and adults of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a goal-oriented team environment
· Program evaluation skills – experience observing, gathering, and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
· Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor, fantastic customer service ethic, ability to take initiative, and professionalism.
· Demonstrated commitment to bridging racial, gender, and social divides.
· Demonstrated, successful ability and desire to work within diverse, inner-city communities.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated project ownership experience
· Experience using social media and other tools to build member engagement.
· Must be able to travel around Greater Boston via public transportation, Zip Car, and/or personal car.
· Ability to work some evening and weekend hours a must
Additional Organization Responsibilities
· Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Manager, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
· Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
· Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
· Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Chief Program Officer and/or President & CEO
· Participate in cross departmental committees and/or internal working groups as assigned
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance, company wellness program, flexible spending account for health expenses, and dependent care accounts
- Holidays (13/year), vacation days (15-20/year), sick days (12/year), personal day (1/year), and emergency days (3/year)
- Flexible schedule option and flex time
- Life insurance, long-term disability insurance, accidental death and disability insurance, and short-term disability insurance
- A 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Employer contribution to the YWCA retirement fund
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Zipcar account
- Lyft account
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
YWCA Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title "Youth Development Coordinator (Youth Leadership)" in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.