Full Time Temporary
3 Huntington Quadrangle
The Leukemia & Lymphoma's Long Island Chapter is seeking a candidate to assist with key administrative activities associated with its 2018 Light The Night Campaign. The selected candidate will gain valuable experience in the areas of: business and non-profit operations; development and fundraising; marketing and PR; and community relations.
- Provides administrative and clerical support for the campaign including event coordination and participant support.
- Administers select on-going programs and/or special projects (e.g. marketing materials, report pulls, maintaining trackers, event logistics coordination, etc.)
- Maintains assigned office, program and event records, files and databases.
- Prepares campaign related materials, correspondence and reports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 0 -1 year of fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning experience
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy and advocacy and research
- Excellent MS Office Suite and database management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Professional and solid judgment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- May be required to travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.
Minimum Education Required